PDA

View Full Version : Son and I Hunt Together

OxShoeDrew
08-04-2015, 01:19 PM
My son is in town for my daughter's wedding and we snuck out for a few hours together. :thumbsup01:
My son found a good looking dandy button and his first pre-1900 coin, an 1863 Fatty!! I found the colonial copper and shankless dandy. We both found other buttons as well.
We had a great time together :yes:
There were NO BUGS yesterday afternoon... as well as comfortable temps. The copper looks like a right facing. It says C: at about 4 o:clock. I guess it's a CT. Thanks for looking!!

Lodge Scent
08-04-2015, 02:57 PM
That is nice Drew! Having married off my daughter a couple of years ago, I know that sometimes the men just need to get out of the way when a wedding is in the works. Nothing like a father and son escaping the madness together to do some detecting.

:congrats: on your daughter getting married !

The Rebel
08-04-2015, 06:22 PM
WTG Drew! Good memories with your son!

Pacivilwarluke
08-04-2015, 08:54 PM
Whoa! You done good! :) great variety of finds!

Digger Don
08-05-2015, 06:07 AM
Nice Finds. Congrats on the Fatty.
Glad you had a good day out with your son.

RIdirtdigger
08-05-2015, 06:18 AM
NO BUGS??? I'd consider my hunt successful just on that alone. On a more serious note nice finds. Glad you had a good outing with your son and glad he found some goodies while out with you!

MangoAve
08-05-2015, 06:30 AM
Not bad Drew. I'm still looking for a fatty. I wasn't aware your son took to the hobby as well.

To me the copper looks like a left facing bust. I can see the TORI in the upper left corner of the coin in your pic. Obvi that rules out any of the Georgivs. The fact that the letter I is really close to the hair of the bust in all the right facing, but your coin the letter is much further away makes me think left facing. It is weird you can see some of the reeded edge on the back. The oxidations plays tricks too. It looks like the woman was holding the staff which was on the back of a dime, instead of the branch.

Lucky with the no bugs. I still had the skeeters flying around me even tho they didn't bite me. Still annoying. And those freaking gnats. They love to fly right into your eyes. ugh. :mad::bangahead02:

Bell-Two
08-06-2015, 07:06 AM
That fatty is in great shape!