PDA

View Full Version : This week nothing old but more silver in the hole plus silver spill

wisconsin digger
08-07-2015, 05:57 AM
Got out 4 times including a new spot hi-lited by a silver spill. Last Saturday I was headed to a baseball game and stopped at what looked like an older school. Found 1 wheat but could not seem to get anything other than clad. There was one little strip of curb grass that was about as wide as a detector swing and maybe 50 feet long. Must of been the one spot the earlier detectors skipped as I found some clad, several wheats and a Merc. The rest of the area was a bust. Sunday I headed to a park I hit last year and found a couple of silver. The park was a bust but I did meet a detecting couple and talked to the husband for about 45 minutes. Always nice to run into a fellow (and lady) detector. On the way home I hit a Park I have done quite well at this year and was happy to find 5 more silver including 2 war nickels which have been quite scarce the last two years. Wednesday I had a little time so I hit the Old Church that has produced the oldest coins I have found this year. I literally stepped out of the car and moved the coil 3 or 4 times when I got a decent but shallow hit. A little excavation produced a clad dime. I filled the hole and rechecked and got a better and deeper signal. Opening up the hole got me 3 Rosies in a spill. It's amazing that the dime (a 1996) was lost right on top of a spill from 30 years earlier. All and all some very fruitful hunts last week. Plan on a couple of road trips this weekend so hope to repeat last weeks success. Keep digging Wisconsin Digger

Bucknut
08-07-2015, 08:12 AM
Very nice! Sounds like you dug more silver than wheats.

Digger Don
08-07-2015, 04:53 PM
Man, you just keep pounding those Silvers. Great job. Always nice to pull out War nickles as well. :congrats:
Are you anywhere near Madison?

wisconsin digger
08-07-2015, 07:35 PM
Man, you just keep pounding those Silvers. Great job. Always nice to pull out War nickles as well. :congrats:
Are you anywhere near Madison?

About 70 miles north east of Madison. Closest sizable town is West bend

leslie(nova scotia)
08-08-2015, 05:51 AM
Nothing shabby there me bouy!

wisconsin digger
08-08-2015, 08:01 PM
Found 8 wheats, but only had the one when I took the photos

Skamaniac
08-09-2015, 08:21 PM
You're killin' it man! Congratulations