PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Road Trip with Hiluxyota

Digger Don
08-08-2015, 10:53 PM
Hiluxyota and I met to make a 2 1/2 hour trip down south .
The first place we hit was a park and I only got a couple of wheats. Then we saw this very old abandoned church that was calling our names. We called the number on the door and got permission from the pastor to hunt the property. She warned us that it has been done before. She was definitely right, but I did manage to dig a pretty worn 1901 Barber Dime.
At the next town we hit, every house that we knocked at told us that a local guy had already detected their property. We tried a couple anyway and found nothing. Before we left, we were asked by one of the home owners if we could go with him to another property he owned and find his property stake for him. It took Tom about 2 minutes to find it for him. He told us to go ahead and detect the property. After about 20 minutes I got a very shallow 12-45. I thought for sure I was digging a clad dime, but out pops a 1935 Merc. I tried for a few more hours to find the Rosie for the tri-fecta, but nothing but clad and wheats after the Merc.
It was along day with out a lot of good finds, but It was still a good of day hunting.
Looking forward to the next hunt Tom. Sooner or later we're going to find that Honey Hole!!

wisconsin digger
08-09-2015, 06:35 AM
Great picture of the Church. Nice hunts. Planning a road trip today if the rain holds off. WD

Bucknut
08-09-2015, 07:19 AM
Nice barber and merc! Not a bad day at all!

del
08-09-2015, 02:19 PM
what a great old church , how much over grown property did it have out back??

The Rebel
08-09-2015, 06:24 PM
Love that spot! Sure to be more goodies out back!

Skamaniac
08-09-2015, 08:26 PM
Nice coinage, but man, I love that church! What a great old building and place to MD.

Digger Don
08-10-2015, 04:51 AM
what a great old church , how much over grown property did it have out back??
The lawn in back went back about 30 feet. we were able to detect it, but found absolutely nothing.

Hiluxyota
08-10-2015, 05:52 AM
That guy didn't leave very much for us.. Still can't figure out why my pics from my phone won't paste. But anyways it was a great day for detecting. Maby the next town we go to will all be virgin ground. That wheat is the first one I ever saw that was holed.

Digger_O'Dell
08-10-2015, 11:51 PM
Long drive for the few things you got, but still say any day detecting is a good day! Looks like the merc is in good condition still having all the bars, congrats!

Lodge Scent
08-12-2015, 05:10 PM
A holed wheatie! Now that is something you don't see everyday. Cool old church.