PDA

View Full Version : most bizzarre cellar hole hunt ever!

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-09-2015, 08:27 AM
what a bizzare day cellar hole hunting with Todd Hiltz (https://www.facebook.com/todd.hiltz.9).get a 75 signal at 4 inches.start diggin .I see teeth whoa! what the heck! one set .i put em aside.something is giving a good signal? push shovel in 2 more pieces pop out.put pinpointer to all 3...nothing.hmmm ...swing coil still solid 75 VDI stick shovel in again.last plate lined with silver.My most bizzare detecting day ever.
nice childs shoe buckle frame,a few lead musketballs, and a 1902 IH and some buttons & no need to go to the dentist ever again!

OxShoeDrew
08-09-2015, 08:52 AM
:shocked05: I always use a tooth brush to clean my finds. Did you add tooth paste to the process?:)
Most interesting find in some time. Congrats!

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-09-2015, 09:07 AM
:shocked05: I always use a tooth brush to clean my finds. Did you add tooth paste to the process?:)
Most interesting find in some time. Congrats!
i used dish soap with the toothbrush.they almost bit me!

OxShoeDrew
08-09-2015, 09:31 AM
i used dish soap with the toothbrush.they almost bit me!You know, it might not be a bad idea to floss.

del
08-09-2015, 10:55 AM
:shocked03: What have i told you about detecting in cemeteries young man !! :rofl: Found all of Washington's Buttons now have to have his teeth??:rofl:

:rofl::rofl:

ok ok i'm done :lol: Sorry Dave , after finding those you had to expect a little razzing from us ..

kpmoose
08-09-2015, 06:36 PM
Great job cleaning those choppers Dave. Have you ever considered the dental hygenist field? :lol:

Lodge Scent
08-09-2015, 08:01 PM
Looks like you missed a few check ups.

Bucknut
08-10-2015, 08:19 AM
BIZZARRE!!! ....and creepy!

MangoAve
08-10-2015, 09:12 AM
Well at least you now have two pairs when you reach the age you need dentures which ain't that far away. :lol: jk.

Nice partial buckle too. Surprised no one has yet asked age of dentures on AD.

The Rebel
08-10-2015, 12:28 PM
Now there's a hunt you can really sink your teeth into. :lolsign:

What the heck! Bet you were expecting the skull next. There is silver on them right? That's one weird hunt.

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-10-2015, 01:16 PM
Now there's a hunt you can really sink your teeth into. :lolsign:

What the heck! Bet you were expecting the skull next. There is silver on them right? That's one weird hunt.
it's either silver or platinum Rog.same site me and you went to years ago.where i got the spanish reale and ya dug those blob tops.weird right near cellar hole.nice coin signal.Todd got a toasted copper and a IH.i got these and a IH

del
08-10-2015, 03:13 PM
Dave if we had a "strangest find of the month" it would certainly be the front runner , i so hope Todd shot some video of that dig;). A find like this could give you nightmares for a while .

Dan

The Rebel
08-10-2015, 07:52 PM
it's either silver or platinum Rog.same site me and you went to years ago.where i got the spanish reale and ya dug those blob tops.weird right near cellar hole.nice coin signal.Todd got a toasted copper and a IH.i got these and a IH

WOW! That is really weird, that they were there and I never hit them, but that's ok. Don't think I would have kept them.

That was the site close to where we got the copper pipes? It's a disgrace how the logging operation ruined that area. Was so nice before Sandy destroyed the area. Those pine trees had been there for a long time.

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-10-2015, 10:40 PM
WOW! That is really weird, that they were there and I never hit them, but that's ok. Don't think I would have kept them.

That was the site close to where we got the copper pipes? It's a disgrace how the logging operation ruined that area. Was so nice before Sandy destroyed the area. Those pine trees had been there for a long time.
yes that site.like 3 feet from back corner of cellar hole near the grown in dirt road and wall

Digger_O'Dell
08-10-2015, 10:48 PM
wow, kinda bizarre find for sure! Now I'm wondering where the rest of the people are? :shocked03:

Skamaniac
08-11-2015, 09:43 PM
Okay, that's the weirdest thing I've ever seen pulled from a dig. :)

Pacivilwarluke
08-11-2015, 10:24 PM
Umm.. That's odd. I really have no other words for *that* cool find!?!?:lol:

Bell-Two
08-13-2015, 08:19 PM
You found the Tooth Fairy's house!

Mountaindigger
08-20-2015, 02:47 PM
Great finds! Very interesting and thanks for sharing.

donald sutphin
08-24-2015, 11:32 PM
Those dentures are from late 1700s damn neat find.

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-25-2015, 01:24 PM
Those dentures are from late 1700s damn neat find.
how do you come to that conclusion? my research shows vulcanite hard rubber & porcelin teeth were made from 1850-1900? please explain if you know more than what I found out.thanks!