PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Michigan

Remnar
08-13-2015, 11:01 PM
Hello,

I'm somewhat new to detecting. I started with a cheap harbor freight detector. I tore it apart and built a new control box and shaft for it. I used it for 2 weeks and then bought an ATPro. Having fun learning this new machine.

del
08-13-2015, 11:11 PM
Hello Remnar , what part of Michigan are you in ?? we may have a member or two near you , welcome to the forum . Have you made any exciting finds so far ??

Dan

Skamaniac
08-14-2015, 12:01 AM
Welcome from Washington state! I started with a cheap detector then upgraded to an AT Pro a few years ago myself. Please keep us posted on your good finds. And ask any questions you might have too.

Remnar
08-14-2015, 08:16 AM
Hello Remnar , what part of Michigan are you in ?? we may have a member or two near you , welcome to the forum . Have you made any exciting finds so far ??

Dan

I live in Flint Michigan. So far the most interesting items I have found are 3 silver Rosies and a Clark Gable popsicle token. The funny part is that I found all of those with the 45 dollar Harbor freight unit. :lol:

I have found some costume jewelry with the ATPro and a good pile of clad but have yet to get the coil over something really nice. I have had it for just over a week so I don't have a lot of time in yet.

aloldstuff
08-14-2015, 05:51 PM
Welcome from western MA. Good choice on getting the AT Pro. Members here who use that machine have made some fantastic finds. Keep us posted.

leslie(nova scotia)
08-15-2015, 08:59 AM
Hiya. have dug in your state at Munroe with the Christain metal detecting forum....plus saw the tigers play many a times at the old tiger stad....welcome aboard!

Digger Don
08-15-2015, 09:04 AM
Welcome from Northern Illinois. The AT Pro is a very good machine. You should do very well with it.
HH

Digger_O'Dell
08-17-2015, 12:24 AM
Welcome from the other side of the pond in Wisconsin! I've heard of a lot of great finds coming out of Michigan, so hope to see some nice photos and stories coming from your direction soon!

OxShoeDrew
08-17-2015, 02:17 PM
Hi Remnar, welcome to the group! I bet there are lots of properties in Flint with old coins! I look forward to your posts!

Bucknut
08-31-2015, 10:09 AM
Hello Remnar and welcome! I live east of you. If you ever want to meet up somewhere let me know. Just PM me.

Fire Fighter 43
09-05-2015, 08:57 AM
Welcome to the forum fellow Midwesterner, it is good to have you with us.