PDA

View Full Version : So-So Week but scored another complete knee buckle with moving pins!

RIdirtdigger
08-19-2015, 05:26 PM
I did some scouting last week and located a few holes to hit with my buddy Jarrod again on the weekend. While scouting I saw a snake slithering away from me. This was only a week or so after my encounter with the rattlesnake conservation officer CT. I've never seen a snake in the woods before so it was only fitting that I see one after being accused of poaching rattle snakes. Anyway, on Saturday Jarrod and I arrived at our dig site around 6:30 am to try and get as much detecting in since I had some stuff to do later in the day. We hit 5 sites and I nearly got skunked at each of them. Only managed a horse tact buckle, iron baby spoon, a weird piece of brass, a broken harmonica reed, and a old lantern piece. Jarrod did much better scoring 4 buttons, one which I think is an eagle cuff button, and another button which was a nice colonial dandy button. He also got a sterling silver item with a hallmark but I'm not sure exactly what it was. I still had a good time and hopefully next weekend I'll do a little better. I wanted to salvage the weekend so on Sunday I headed back to the site I have been doing well at this month. I worked around the hole and was able to isolate a nice signal that I guess was missed before because it was near an iron trash target. I dug down and I said to myself "No way". I had just dug another complete (well basically complete) knee buckle with partially moving pins. That's was my 2nd complete moving knee buckle in 8 days and 2nd one from the same site. I was psyched. Didn't get much more after that except for a toasted dandy button and what I think is a small pewter button. There is a ton of area to swing there but it's just so overgrown with vegetation that I am going to wait until Fall to hit that place again. I know there's more there it's just nearly impossible to swing through the stuff. Yesterday I went out for a quick hunt near some very priminite stone walls. No sign of a depression or chimney pile but I did see what I think might be a filled in well. Not sure on that though. I didn't stay long, bugs were really bad and I ended up getting some bug spray in my eye not fun. I did however get one mom ferrous signal and dug up a really nice pewter button with the shank intact. I'll probably go back there again in a few months when the vegatation dies off and the bugs go away to see if I can dig anymore old relics there. So that was my week. I didn't find anything amazing but I still had a good time and hopefully I'll do better the next 7 days. Happy hunting everyone! 495864958749588495894959049591

OxShoeDrew
08-19-2015, 05:46 PM
That knee buckle is a real looker! Fancy tongue :clapping:

Pacivilwarluke
08-19-2015, 07:53 PM
Id be happy with that so so week jim ;) love that knee buckle!

del
08-19-2015, 08:54 PM
Id be happy with that so so week jim ;) love that knee buckle!

yeah me too!

MangoAve
08-20-2015, 06:58 AM
Nice buckle. Sometimes we only get pieces of those, so you should be thankful. A friend of me and my gf is in an older house. Says 1915 but the foundation is brick along with the surrounding houses. I do believe it is much older. Esp when a street over has a few colonials. I thought 4 wheats was an off hunt but she saw how much came out of the ground for a small area and was impressed. The dandy is nice too even if you didn't score it.

Bell-Two
08-20-2015, 08:32 PM
A very nice knee buckle gosh I would love to find one!

Lodge Scent
08-21-2015, 03:49 PM
Nice! Not only is it in one piece it is a fancy one. :congrats: