PDA

View Full Version : Missouri Newbie Looking

barns1
08-23-2015, 04:52 PM
Hi All, My wife and I are checking things out thinking this would be a good hobby for both of us. I am somewhat limited to what I can do by myself as I have leukemia and some neck issues, but as a team I think it would be a good way to spend time together. We are looking at detectors, possibly the Ace 350 or F44. Any suggestions are welcomed and any suggestions on digger magazines will be helpful too. Looks like a great forum with great people willing to help. Thanks for having us.

OxShoeDrew
08-23-2015, 05:51 PM
I'm glad you found us :thumbsup02: and look forward to your participation! Those are both able units to use. Best of luck getting one and finding places to use them. Welcome from CT!

barns1
08-23-2015, 07:00 PM
Thanks so much.

Full Metal Digger
08-23-2015, 07:12 PM
Welcome to the forum! If you and your wife are into old things and history then this is the hobby for you! Not sure what your budget is but the Garrett ACE 250 is a great starter machine and very affordable. I used one for about a year and a half and enjoyed it very much.

Skamaniac
08-23-2015, 08:12 PM
Welcome from Washington state! We're happy that you found this site. Ace 350 would be a good choice for an entry level machine. There's a lot of history in your area, so good luck in your hunting and please keep us posted on your finds.

Digger_O'Dell
08-23-2015, 08:49 PM
Welcome from Wisconsin! The Ace would be a good starter machine from what everyone says. I'm actually partial to Minelab detectors myself as I started with my X-Terra 705 which is light weight, accepts NiMH rechargeable batteries which saves me tons of money, great depth, and has most of all the features, bells and whistles I need. A bit more advance would be the Safari or E-Trac. So depends how much you want to spend and how much time you plan on detecting. Either way, any decent detector will find stuff. Good luck and happy hunting!

del
08-24-2015, 12:56 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum Barns1:waving: Both of those machines you mentioned will get the job done pretty well and the even the Minelab Digger_O'Dell mentioned too. the key with most machines it to really practice and understand the subtleties of what the detector is telling you. Its a great hobby if you have the patience. Glad you found us and joined .

Dan

Fire Fighter 43
09-05-2015, 09:01 AM
Welcome to the forum and hobby from SE Wisconsin. A team approach sounds like a great plan. I would recommend any of the Detectors in the Ace line as a starter machine. Good luck and remember any question is a good question, so let us help you out.

barns1
09-05-2015, 03:01 PM
Thanks to all for the warm welcome, we really appreciate it. Fire Fighter 43, I had to go out on full disability after a water rescue accident with hip, tailbone, back and neck injuries. Had 25 years in and wasn't ready to retire yet. But, it is giving us time together now. We purchased two detectors, a Fisher F44 for me and my wife got a Titan 9000. We'll see which one she is more comfortable with. Anyway, thanks again and I'm sure we will have more questions along the way.

aloldstuff
09-25-2015, 07:29 PM
Welcome from western MA. Glad to read that you've gotten your detectors and I wish the both of you much luck. Looking forward to following your progress on the forum.

Cheap Thrills
09-26-2015, 10:11 PM
Welcome to the forum and the best of luck to you and your wife .:thumbsup02:

Steve4050
09-27-2015, 04:20 PM
Welcome from West Virginia! Looking forward to seeing your finds!:cheesysmile: