PDA

View Full Version : Been too Long...in more ways than one

RobW
08-24-2015, 04:43 PM
Many of you may remember me (some of you wish you didn't:lol:)....but I see many new members on here now:beerbuddy:

I was a VERY regular poster..but now with a new kid and staying busy with work, I haven't had much time to get out or even post or look at others posts.

So, with a dismal season...very few and far between outings and finds...I figured I'd at least make a showing.

As noted in another post of Al's he and I got out a bit ago. I managed a lone Indian at what we call "THE park" Over the past few years, we have pulled well over 200 silver coins, buttons, musket balls, jewelry, Large Cents, Liberty nickles and Buffs...you name it, we found it there...but for some odd reason no seated coins:shocked02:

Well, yesterday, Sunday I had a few hours that I could get out, and not having any time to line a place up. I decided to head to "THE park" to see if I could manage to squeak a keeper.

I started off in an area that I know Al and I have both hit NUMEROUS times, I wasn't even going to be concentrating in the area, just making my way to an area on the other side of the park (kinda like that find on the way back to the car, just in reverse!) I get an odd reading on the etrac. I decide to dig...out of the hole pops a disk, I'm thinking some kinda cap...and then :shocked04:....it's a half..but what kind..I wipe away the dirt..and there's that beautiful Barber face looking back:loveit::happydance02:..I haven't even been detecting for 5 min! Of course I had to take pics and send them to Al working!:devilish:

This particular area has been VERY good, so I decide to concentrate in this area....just getting a few wheats that have slipped by in the past. So I move to a small area that I haven't completely POUNDED....and get a 12-41 signal...thinking another wheat...had a pleasant surprise of a 1934 merc:happydance01:....so yet another pic to Al working.:devilish:

My battery ran out on my E-trac, so I switched to the 3030...coins seemed to be popping every where (mostly clad). I think the dry conditions were just different enough that it was enabling me to find other things that were missed.

After a few hours, I had the half, a merc, a silver religious charm, and 10 wheats...not bad for a POUNDED park..seriously we have POUNDED the hell out of this place...and it still gives it to us.

RobW
08-24-2015, 04:43 PM
Oh...and my pics are a little better...got a newer phone:lol:

OxShoeDrew
08-24-2015, 05:30 PM
Wow Rob, awesome! That is one large chunk of silver. It's nice to hear from you again...and CONGRATS ON THE CHILD!! :thumbsup01: I hope you'll get more time to hunt now. :perfect10:

del
08-24-2015, 05:47 PM
with pictures like that , you must be an impostor !!!:lol: the real Rob we know and love can't take a clear or unblurry picture to save his life !:rofl:

Digger_O'Dell
08-24-2015, 06:38 PM
All I can say is WOW! Haven't found a silver myself in quite some time, so that half is beautiful to see! Congrats in many ways!

MIKE54
08-24-2015, 07:41 PM
Very nice finds, glad you could get out for some quality detecting time!

milco
08-24-2015, 09:01 PM
Sweet finds! Glad to see the post and good luck on getting out in the future!

groundhog53946
08-24-2015, 09:12 PM
Nice hunt! Congrats on the child and the coins. Nice

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

MangoAve
08-25-2015, 07:50 AM
Nice big barber. I only joined the forum just at the tail end of your detecting stint. That's a nice way to get back into the hobby. I like how you had to send pics to all who was stuck at work. lol.

Bucknut
08-25-2015, 08:14 AM
Congrats on a sweet hunt! That half is awesome!

Mountaindigger
08-25-2015, 08:59 AM
Outstanding digs, congratulations to you.

Skamaniac
08-26-2015, 01:12 AM
Outstanding coins! :thumbsup01: Congratulations!