PDA

View Full Version : ACHOOOO!

sniffy
07-17-2010, 04:59 PM
Here is a Hudson River Institute Cadet button I found today while out with Dan, George....and I think Dave and Paul were even wandering around somewhere to... rofl....George...here is the little flower button just like yours I found yesterday....Kwinky Dink.

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-17-2010, 05:55 PM
sweet button dude! it was awfully hot today and glad YOU got something thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-17-2010, 05:59 PM
me and paul met up with jesse,Dan and George for a sweltering cellar hole hunt.
i won't post my shell casings but i'll post my nature pics.
think i'm gonna retire detecting and become a outdoor nature photographer :bangahead01:

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-17-2010, 06:00 PM
more pics

sniffy
07-17-2010, 06:02 PM
DUDE! You should make a post card out of the one with the sun shining through the trees. :yes:

Full Metal Digger
07-17-2010, 06:41 PM
I have always said your nature shots are just as good as the treasures you find. Please consider putting together a book of New England nature shots. All them frogs and salamanders and flowers and fungae would make a GREAT coffee table book (just like Kramer's!).

coinnut
07-17-2010, 07:09 PM
Nice pics Dave :clapping:. It was a tough day and the heat starts to get to you after a while. Nice button Jesse. It will look even better after a mild acid bath :yes: Mine turned out with a good amount of gilt left on it. I cleaned up that little button and I put a little extra time into cleaning the better relics today. Even the iron buckle looks nice lol It is an old one for sure. That little cellar hole is an old one. The Indian looks better in person and I only missed that magic date by 10 years lol A lot of fun getting together with you guys. :beerbuddy:

pulltabsteve
07-17-2010, 07:30 PM
You guys did great! Love the buttons and the pics are awesome.

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-17-2010, 07:42 PM
awesome finds G! that eagle button is very sharp! thumbsup01 always a pleasure to get together with you guys.
now i gotta get back to angel and be tortured as he reeps silver from my park that i can't get :crying02:

del
07-17-2010, 08:09 PM
Hey Jesse it was great to finally meet you in person :yes: i was starting to believe you were just another one of Dave's imaginary friends he talks to. lol rofl i told you that button was probably the find of the day , and that picture doesn't do it justice . congrats . i wouldn't mind doing another hunt later in the fall , the heat , humidity and the bugs really put a damper on your spirits fast out there.

DUDE! You should make a post card out of the one with the sun shining through the trees. :yes:

i agree Dave hang up your detector ( because you stunk at it today) lol lol :poke: :teasing: :kiss: and just follow everyone else around with a video camera , filming their good finds ( i'll operate the gaff boom , because i sucked today to.) :crying02: crying01 lol lol

hey George nice staff officer's button , they do hold alot of gilt under that dirt ,huh. ;) congrats .

sniffy
07-17-2010, 08:22 PM
I need to take some lessons from Dave in Photography...this picture does absolutely no justice for this button.

John M
07-18-2010, 08:24 AM
Nice looking buttons guys.Tough hunting out there now in the heat,once you start sweating you become a bug magnet.We need some good rain to help with the finds,haven't seen much in weeks in this part of Ct.