PDA

View Full Version : Old school hunt with silver and some finds from the past 3 weeks

wisconsin digger
08-30-2015, 12:14 PM
Was finally able to get out for a few hours which is almost as much time as I got in in the last 3 weeks. Went to an old church where I have done quite well but was getting pretty lean on signals. Was there a few minutes and I got a really nice 12-42 which is usually an older wheat and I was not wrong. A few more steps produced a weak nickel signal which resulted in a 1920 Buffalo, definitely was motivated to hunt awhile. When I quit (out of time again) I had 4 silvers including 2 Merc's , a Rosie and a War Nickel along with 6 wheats. Not one coin newer than 1955. Definitely a first that I can recall. I also have the hi-lites from a new location I have yet to get at for more than an hour. In 2 hunts I got a Barber dime a Rosie and 6 wheats. I also found 33 quarters so it definitely has not been hunted in a while as I cherry picked on the short hunts and skipped any signals 12-44 and lower. Grass is long and coins are deep so this may be a spring location when the grass is flat. I moved my daughter last week and got an hour to hunt. I hit a lake park with lots of new money and got a signal on the way back to the car that was off a bit but deeper. When I dug it up I found half a bottle cap an Indian penny and a wheat. These were the only 2 old coins I found. definitely need to go back and se if the 2 coins were a fluke or potential for other oldies. Should have more time moving forward into Sept. so hope to get some more oldies. Oh yea, 1 foreign coin was a $1 Peso that was way under ground but came out clean like silver. Not sure why as it is NOT silver. Keep swinging Wisconsin Digger

Bucknut
08-30-2015, 02:00 PM
Lots of great finds! I bet you will be posting a lot more in the next weeks since you have more hunting time.

GA1dad
08-30-2015, 03:36 PM
That was a nice, productive hunt!!