PDA

View Full Version : some of my water finds....

Snowy
07-17-2010, 10:01 PM
Here are some of my water finds so far. I just got my own CZ-21 last night and used it for an hour tonight. Joe and I discovered how far apart we have to be when we're both armed with a CZ-21... this is gonna be interesting! lol...

So... here is some of the stuff I've found.....

Snowy
07-17-2010, 10:28 PM
We just noticed there are stones in the class ring! A jeweler told us there were, but we didn't notice them until we saw the pic posted above!

Some more... sorry if there are any dupes...

We think this oblong thing was a brooch.

pulltabsteve
07-18-2010, 01:17 PM
Sweet water finds! Living on an Island like I do, I guess I should be getting a water machine soon :yes:

coinnut
07-18-2010, 04:53 PM
Hey Donna, Does everyone up there lose all their jewelry? lol Man that is a great start. You either have some unhit areas or I am greatly under estimating water hunting :shocked04: I want a water machine now....and a long handled scoop cause I'd drown if I snorkeled. rofl You guys will have enough jewelry to open a store in no time :clapping:

angellionel
07-18-2010, 10:09 PM
Seeing those finds is getting me itchy to go shallow water detecting again. lol Sweet finds Donna! thumbsup01

Epi-hunter
07-19-2010, 11:52 AM
Nice finds! It's making me want to get the water detector out too :grin:

CBnKansas
07-19-2010, 12:36 PM
Awesome finds! How long were you out? You found lots of cool stuff for sure. My beach finds are not worth posting. Congrats to you for a fun and productive day.

cb

Snowy
07-19-2010, 07:27 PM
Those were found over the course of a couple/few days, an hour or so each time out.

CN.... I'd say next to no one water hunts in our area. The stuff posted above is old, for the most part. And we're just getting started.

We were out Sunday and I got a large hoop earring. It was windy and large waves were knocking us around, spinning us, pushing us forward and backward, etc.. it really wasn't much fun Sunday. I kept getting close to retrieving targets and would get shoved by a wave and lose the signal because I'd lose my place.

I've got Wednesday off, as does Joe, so we're headed out to a spot where he pulled some old silver coins, including a Standing Liberty Quarter. At least that's the plan as of right now. That tells me no one is water hunting that place, either. I just hope it's not real windy Wednesday.

Snowy
07-20-2010, 07:31 PM
Joe had to go and beat me today while I was working. He was out there for maybe 90 minutes. He found several medals and some other stuff, but this baby is handsome. It's 10k and has initials inside. He's trying to find the owner, who is most likely not living.

coinnut
07-20-2010, 07:58 PM
That owner may not be living but a child or grandchild will likely ball their eyes out if they get that ring back...I know I would. Nice ring!

Lowjiber
07-20-2010, 08:00 PM
Nice ring, Snowy!!! It would be really cool if you could find out who the owner was.

You and Krom are kickin it in the water. Congratulations!!!

leslie(nova scotia)
07-21-2010, 06:53 AM
From the land of the Bluenose...you will be on the Big Guys good side now rescueing those religious medals!

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-25-2010, 05:28 PM
that 1938 class ring is GORGEOUS! love the style and craftsmanship of those old settings.bet your gonna do awesome at this beach! WOW! :shocked04: