PDA

View Full Version : I'm in the Barber club finally

GA1dad
09-02-2015, 08:26 PM
After doing my afternoon exercise walk, I squeezed in an hour and a half of swinging. On my way home I stopped by a private residence that I always felt had potential, but up until today hadn't given up much. Well the silver gods shined down on my MXT today and gave me my first Barber dime,,, a 1906 no mint mark. Only 3 to 4 inches deep. This is also my new oldest coin. The property also gave up some junker bling.

Ill Digger
09-02-2015, 08:43 PM
:cheering:Welcome to the club!! :thumbsup02:
Nice find!
Congrats on your first! :grin:
It looks like it has some old damage. If only that coin could talk. :daydream:

ducktrapper
09-02-2015, 08:46 PM
Well there ya go! I have always considered those smoother Barbers as 1940-ish drops, especially the ones from the teens (which could have been early 1950s drops). Those coins saw a lot of stuff happen, two world wars, etc. Agree, if only they could talk!

Bucknut
09-02-2015, 08:47 PM
Congrats on your first barber! They are pretty coin!

Digger_O'Dell
09-02-2015, 09:37 PM
Congrats and welcome to the Barber club! I see you are also into the eating utensil club! :lol:

del
09-02-2015, 10:33 PM
:cheering::bananadance::happydance01: WOOOO HOOOO another inductee into the barber club!!!!! Welcome Brother!!!

Congrats on your first GA1dad.

Skamaniac
09-03-2015, 12:16 AM
Welcome to the club (that I just joined in July)!! :happydance02:

Digger Don
09-03-2015, 05:13 AM
Super Congrats on your first Barber.:clapping:
It must have been a great feeling when you first saw it.
:congrats:

GA1dad
09-03-2015, 05:52 AM
Thanks everyone!!

Yeah, it was cool when I first saw it,,,, at home. It had a lot of dirt caked on it and I didn't have my glasses with me in the field. All I knew for sure was I had an old thin silver. My imagination was running wild.

Digger- O'dell,,,, yep, I think I'm gonna make a wind chime out of all the old spoons.

MangoAve
09-03-2015, 06:51 AM
Nice score. The ring looks interesting too. Obvi it's not gold, otherwise you would have mentioned already. Once I scrolled to the junk pic, then I realized you dug a lot to get rid of masking. As of your write up, it's been a few hunts there.

yep, I think I'm gonna make a wind chime out of all the old spoons.

Interesting idea. Maybe no need to clean them up much because they will still be in the elements anyway once they become a wind chime.

Lodge Scent
09-03-2015, 07:08 AM
Nice. Now that you got that first one out of the way, they will now come more frequently.:congrats:

wisconsin digger
09-04-2015, 02:53 PM
Great find now you need a quarter or a seated dime. Nice find WD

POKIE73
09-05-2015, 10:31 AM
congrats on your first barber i agree with the others they are a nice looking coin i have found many over the years but i can still remember my first it was a half dollar in a old park i was using a whites 4 db i was in a doorway of a shelter house they all said that the signal was too big they all thought it was can slaw me being new i dug just about everything went ahead and dug out pops a barber half i will never forget so at one point in time we all know exactly how you feel on your first barber again congrats on a great first find

Cheap Thrills
09-05-2015, 12:05 PM
Congrats and welcome to the Barber club . It's been about three years since I found my last one and
I'm sure wanting to find some more.:thumbsup02: