PDA

View Full Version : The other bucket list

Trooper Bri
09-03-2015, 10:24 PM
In detecting we have the obvious one associated with a finds you hope to dig some day.

I've had the chance this year to pick away at that other list, which to me is the social side of detecting. Meeting people and checking out events, etc. The Best of New England (BONE) event was fun to check out for a day up in Keene NH, as well as participating in the Diggin' in New England (DINE) event in RI. Being knighted as an official Stealth Digger this winter has made for a very fun year. It's amazing to think that many of the people I watched in vids 16 months ago when wanting to get into detecting I've had the chance to become friends and hunt with. I've put a lot of miles on the car.

Last Saturday was an amazing gathering of people in NH to hunt a series of holes with. They had been hit, but some great finds couldn't hide from this crew. Surprisingly, many came close to the cellar holes. I did OK. Not my best day, and not my worst day. A tiny cuff button with a bit of thread was my top find, with a small tack buckle(?) sporting a bit of shiny. Regardless of finds, it was a fun day for sure! Thanks to everyone!

Digger_O'Dell
09-03-2015, 10:30 PM
Congrats on the group hunt-looks amazingly fun! Also congrats on becoming part of the stealth hunters! :cool:

Skamaniac
09-03-2015, 11:37 PM
That would be a blast! It's nice you got to take part in it.

Bell-Two
09-06-2015, 02:38 PM
Looks like you had a great time, hope some day to make the trip up there and get to hunt with some of the brothers!

"I'm a Stealth Digger he's a Stealth Digger wouldn't you want to be a Stealth Digger too",

OxShoeDrew
09-06-2015, 07:20 PM
Hey, you've made quite a splash in a short time. What kinds of stuff were found that day? Having fun is what it's all about!