PDA

View Full Version : Another 2 hour hunt.

pulltabsteve
07-18-2010, 12:10 PM
Hi folks! Went out again early this morning to the old local park. No old coins again today, but got the 3 buttons in the first 1/2 hour. I'll post better pics when I clean them up. Another hot, sticky morning here on Long Island. Done for the day. Time to cool off.

coinnut
07-18-2010, 04:55 PM
Hey Steve, no old coins, but them buttons sure are old :clapping: Nice design on the middle one. I'd take them relics. thumbsup01 Nice hunt and if them buttons are there, some old coins are there too!!! What are the two larger coins, one looks like a Large Canadian Cent and the other a French or Italian coin?? Or are the just some tokens.

pulltabsteve
07-18-2010, 05:18 PM
Hey Steve, no old coins, but them buttons sure are old :clapping: Nice design on the middle one. I'd take them relics. thumbsup01 Nice hunt and if them buttons are there, some old coins are there too!!! What are the two larger coins, one looks like a Large Canadian Cent and the other a French or Italian coin?? Or are the just some tokens.

The bottom 1 is a quarter and the top is a chuckie cheese token :grin:

Epi-hunter
07-18-2010, 06:25 PM
I thought I recognized the Chuck E Cheese token. I have bought enough of those in my day to put my youngest through college lol

Really nice buttons! That is an old site for sure. Keep hitting it, the old coins will come!

coinnut
07-18-2010, 06:30 PM
The bottom 1 is a quarter and the top is a chuckie cheese token :grin:

rofl What's in that soil? They look a hundred years old. Thanks for the reassurance that I need stronger contacts :yes:

Ill Digger
07-19-2010, 10:58 PM
Really nice buttons! That is an old site for sure. Keep hitting it, the old coins will come!

Thats what I'm thinkin' too!!

Nice finds!
Congrats :grin:

pulltabsteve
07-20-2010, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the replies. I've been going to this spot for a few years now. Its a private park. I found the place in 2007. Its mainly woods with trails and a few open fields. The British and the Americans had a few skirmishes nearby. When I first started detecting here I met the caretaker and became friends. I found out a year later that he had some workers follow me around and made sure I was covering my holes. He told me he couldn't even tell where I've been digging :peace: There are a few historic houses in the park. He found a couple of guys digging the lawn a year ago and leaving holes. He kicked them out. He now has given me exclusive digging rights to the park. I know where to dig and where to respect. He showed me just recently where the old dumps are. Me and the predator shovel will be there in a few months when the weeds die. I haven't found a whole lot of coins yet but I know there are more there.

coinnut
07-20-2010, 05:36 PM
Those are some excellent finds. Nice Massachusetts Button too. Congrats on having a prime site all to yourself lol I bet there is a lot hiding there in them weeds :drool:

zrickkid
07-20-2010, 09:38 PM
Nice finds way to go. I really hate seeing those holes left by other md's. :mad: It is so ignorant and it really gives all of us a bad name with the common man. Hope you find some more goodies and I cant wait to see what you unearth next.