PDA

View Full Version : Trying something new (to me) .

Cheap Thrills
09-06-2015, 12:47 AM
I recently bought a nice , used MXT All Pro .During the last week I've been trying to get to know it .I have done a wood chips tot lot hunt for about an hr.+1/2 , 4hrs. at a beach hitting the dry sand and today a 3+1/2 hr. sports field hunt .Nothing spectacular was found at any of the hunts but the machine functioned quite well and I like it . I hadn't been going out much this year due to a lot of different reasons ,mostly due to lack of time ( No silver or gold for this year yet) :crying02: . Pictured here is the result of todays hunt , again no gold or silver but still fun .The stock 10" DD coil has great separation for it's size and good coverage .I'm looking forward to trying the 5.3 concentric Eclipse coil and the SEF 6X8 on it as I normally prefer medium size coils . The machine has a quick response and the backlight is fantastic .Here is what I dug today .Sorry for the low quality pictures.

Digger_O'Dell
09-06-2015, 03:17 AM
Looks like it was still a good hunt. The half is an unusual find, and nice even if it's not silver. Congrats on the "new" machine!

OxShoeDrew
09-06-2015, 12:14 PM
Seems like you'll enjoy that machine, George. That's a lot of good signals. I've only found one Kennedy half in five years. I hope you'll start getting some more time on task now :)

Skamaniac
09-07-2015, 12:25 AM
I've wondered about the MXT All Pro. Keep us posted.

del
09-08-2015, 12:35 PM
yes the d2 coil is a decent coil but you'll love the 8x6 sef one it still gets very good depth and has remarkable separation .

Dan

wisconsin digger
09-08-2015, 04:27 PM
It's not the finds but the enjoyment of the hunt. Spent many a hunt looking for the most of some type of clad. You can only find what's there. Good hunt with the new equipment WD

Cheap Thrills
09-09-2015, 12:29 AM
Although the heat has been a bit much I've gotten in a couple of more hunts with the MXT .Last night I kept the stock coil on and hit a small spot for a couple of hours that I have pounded and pounded. I ended up with a zinc cent , a thin washer and the bottom frame of a matchbox car that had a rusty nail alongside of it .The car frame sounded good but it was about 5" down underneath ivy roots and was a real pain to get out .I was glad to even manage to get some new signals from this place .

Today I hit a very small beach at the bay : It's only a couple of miles from my home . The sand on this beach is trucked in and poured over the existing from time to time to keep the level of sand up . I've been averaging at least two hunts a year there for many years. My best finds there have been a gold-filled wedding ring ,a cool little pocket knife and a silver Roosie . I think there has only been half a dozen times that I have found at least a dollars worth of clad there .Beer bottle caps and pop top tabs are the main products of this beach .
After what Del (Dan) said about the 8X6 SEF I figured todays short hunt would be a good time to try it out .What he said was spot on .It was really homing in on the coins that were surrounded by trash and it feels better balanced and substantially lighter than the stock coil .It was also easier to ID by sound the coins from the bottle caps and it also seemed like the ID numbers better reflected the differences of what the make up of the different bottle caps were .I ended up with $1.39 in clad and surprisingly enough my first Wheatie of the year ; a 1953s .Thanks all , for your comments ,tips and encouragement . :thumbsup01:

Epi-hunter
09-09-2015, 01:50 PM
I've wanted an MXT forever. Comgrats!!!