PDA

View Full Version : a little silver today

randy
07-18-2010, 02:59 PM
Was able to get out this morning, and after 2 hours of digging deep nails and clad that sounded like silver :bangahead01: :bangahead01:, finally got the real thing just before I was about to bag it when the merc popped out. That gave me a second wind, and again just before I was gonna pack it in, got the Washington. Now, that one really sounded like silver -- they sound so good on the E-Trac. So, that inspired me to hunt for another hour -- 4 hours, two silvers, and a ton of deep clad dimes. I guess I should give up hope on those 12-44s, they are never silver, are they?

pulltabsteve
07-18-2010, 03:06 PM
Super score on the deep silver Randy! Congrats.

coinnut
07-18-2010, 04:03 PM
after 2 hours of digging deep nails and clad that sounded like silver :bangahead01: :bangahead01:, finally got the real thing

lol Happens to me all the time. It's usually because I'm trying to make the signal something it ain't :yes: Silver sounds like silver... deep nails sound like something I'm wishing is silver and if I work that signal hard enough, it just may become silver rofl

I guess I should give up hope on those 12-44s, they are never silver, are they?

For me they always end up as deep clad dimes or Memorials. So I should stop digging them. lol But I know this other guy ;) who has had them come out as deep silver dimes. So, mostly they are not silver, but sometimes :thinkingabout:

angellionel
07-18-2010, 09:07 PM
Those are nice keepers any day. The large silver does indeed sound very good with the E-Trac. :yes:

I have had plenty of mercury dimes hit at a steady 12-44, and deep Barber and Seated dimes with Co of 42. :yes:

Epi-hunter
07-18-2010, 09:11 PM
Great silver finds Randy :) Very nice for a four hour hunt!!

I have had plenty of mercury dimes hit at a steady 12-44, and deep Barber and Seated dimes with Co of 42. :yes:

But they sound different, don't they?

angellionel
07-18-2010, 10:05 PM
But they sound different, don't they?

They do. :grin: I find it hard to describe, but you do learn to recognize the tone after you dig up a few. :yes:

catskillcomics
07-19-2010, 07:19 AM
Congrats on the Deep silver!!!
I have just got to get me one of those e-trac machines.. I've been doing well with the DFX, but after seeing Angel in action, and hearing of other members switching to ETrac and doing well on the deep coins.. I am convinced I need to make the switch.

z118
07-19-2010, 08:01 AM
Great digs! Two silver coins is a good day any day.

Epi-hunter
07-19-2010, 11:50 AM
Very nice day, congrats on the silver!!

Ill Digger
07-19-2010, 11:16 PM

So far since I've had my ET I've found 6 silver dimes and, at least 2 maybe 3, have came in as a 44 Co.
As far as sounding different :confused: a couple of them had me guessing silver.
Sweet digs!!
Congrats :grin: