PDA

View Full Version : I'm Home First

OxShoeDrew
09-12-2015, 05:16 PM
I invited Dan/Del and Brian/TropperBri to hit a place on the maps that just screamed cellar hole. We were stymied trying to get there as a paper road that went through someone's yard was blocked off and marked with no trespassing signs (I'm going to contact town hall to see what's what :yes:). So we entered the woods further south, but had to hike a mile to the site. :stretcher: :lol:
I was hoping to find an undisturbed/off the beaten path site but every path in New England converged right there :lol: ...it was like the Boston hub of woods paths. I left the boys after about 4 or 5 hours, so I assume I'm first to post as they might still be there :lol: When I left everyone was doing well.
Not pictured are the 15 shotgun shells I dug. :duh:
I found my 4th Hibernia but it is in terrible shape. Dan says this one is from 1722-24. My others are in spectacular shape.
The fatty 1862 IH and D buckle are from yesterday's after work hunt. It was a really fun day and I'm glad everyone made out! Thanks!

del
09-12-2015, 06:55 PM
:wow:what a spectacular looking gilted button Drew , it cleaned up really nice !!:smitten:hope mine holds as much gold color . congrats on the "Wood's Hibernia" , I like the shield shaped watch winder too.

Bell-Two
09-12-2015, 09:43 PM
That is a bunch of great finds Drew, really neat watch winder, nice Hibernia and fatty!

Skamaniac
09-12-2015, 09:44 PM
That button is fantastic! :clapping:

Digger_O'Dell
09-12-2015, 09:59 PM
Great stuff! Again, jealous of the east coast people as we normally don't have stuff that early in the midwest.

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-12-2015, 10:07 PM
awesome hunt with a couple of great dudes! what the hell is that last picture.I stared at it for like 10 mins.I got nuthin :confused:

OxShoeDrew
09-13-2015, 04:07 AM
Thanks guys! It's a tri-colored leaf Dave :lol:

del
09-13-2015, 10:59 AM
Thanks guys! It's a tri-colored leaf Dave :lol:

a tri-colored maple leaf Dave !!! "VIVA LA Canada"

Lodge Scent
09-13-2015, 07:23 PM
Good hunt Drew! I'm still looking for a hibernia.

MangoAve
09-14-2015, 07:30 AM
Sweet button Drew. Love the gilt on it and the design. Simplistic but aesthetic. Grats on the Hibernia.

"VIVA LA Canada"

Ohh.. Now I understand even further why. I figured he just thought the tri color looked nice. Not still onto the Canadia stint.

The Rebel
09-14-2015, 10:02 AM
WTG Drew. Nothing like diggin a Woods in the woods, LOL! Love that button.

Trooper Bri
09-14-2015, 08:11 PM
Nice assortment of finds Drew. That gilt button has a lot of detail on it.
It was great hunting with you guys again. Good weather and finds made for a fun day. Thanks!

Cheap Thrills
09-14-2015, 10:10 PM
Great Haul Drew. I thought the leaf was a nice touch" hand painted by nature " .:congrats:

BTV Digger
09-16-2015, 04:55 PM
Great to see you had some good times with friends Drew. D buckle & star-patterned button are my favorites in your pics. I also see you found one of those tack-sorta things. I hear they're common, but I've never found one. Are they horse-related, old furniture tacks or something else? Just curious on your take.

John