PDA

View Full Version : First Ever Metal Detecting Trip Using Garrett Ace 250

goldgrabber
09-13-2015, 04:38 PM
Well I went out for my first ever metal detecting trip today and had some fun with friends who have private permission to detect on local farmland. I bought a Garrett Ace 250 to use while I'm deciding if I like the hobby. i filmed about 1/2 the finds i came across and being my first trip, I had it in all metal mode to begin with which meant I was digging up a lot of typical farmyard iron works, my friends had better luck finding some old buttons and a few old coins. It was a good day and the video shows what I found at the end. I hope you like the video and feel free to comment on it at YouTube and Subscribe for more videos as they come:

https://youtu.be/IVVzgmhAiK0

OxShoeDrew
09-13-2015, 05:45 PM
Nicely done, you're learning your machine! Looks like lots of room to detect there. ...oh and welcome to the forum!

goldgrabber
09-14-2015, 11:41 AM
Cheers, yeah my mates have permission for 4 other fields larger than this one, should keep us going for a while ;)

Skamaniac
09-15-2015, 12:49 AM
Welcome! Every time you use the machine and dig up the signals you'll learn more about what the machine is telling you. Even an outing where I just find trash is still a good outing because I'm enjoying it and I almost always learn something new. Good luck in your hunts!

Epi-hunter
09-16-2015, 06:32 PM
Welcome to the forum! The more you dig, the more you learn. :)

freemindstuck
09-17-2015, 10:59 AM
Don't get discouraged. It helps to develop a love of digging trash in this hobby. That way you're never disappointed. It takes at least a 100 hours of use to really understand what your detector is telling you.

Welcome to the forum!

Robbie
09-17-2015, 07:13 PM
So where are you from?... Need some help?...Looks like fun... Welcome to the forum