PDA

View Full Version : Some silver for the week and found the definition of a "cheery" picked park

wisconsin digger
09-23-2015, 06:28 PM
Since my hunt with FF43 I've managed to find a few silvers here and there to get the numbers up but pretty generally things have been a bit slow. Sunday I just started driving looking for new ground. I hit a Park that turned out to be started in 1930. As I worked around the Park I hit a spot where I started to find some wheats. the weird thing was almost every signal was a 12-40 range signal and the wheats were mostly pre 1940. Any E-trac users know the older wheats have the lower numbers. On the day I found 16 wheats of which 13 were 1940 or older (and a newer wheat was a surface find) I did manage to hit one nice 12-46 that turned out to be a Merc but the rest of the coins were mostly the older wheats. with that many older wheats I would of love to of hunted this park before all the 12-44 and higher signals were dug. On the week I found 25 wheats which is a pretty big number these days. Keep swinging Wisconsin Digger (need 1 more silver to match last year) OOPS can't spell "Cherry"

Digger Don
09-23-2015, 06:31 PM
Nice bunch of finds there. Wow, one more silver needed and it's only September. Your having an awesome season!!!

Bucknut
09-23-2015, 07:06 PM
Great hunts! Sometimes (as you probably know) those wheat signals turn out to be worn barbers or mercs. So I would definitely go back. Should be some old nickels there too.

Digger_O'Dell
09-23-2015, 07:17 PM
Nice hunt once again! All the coins look to be in good shape, even the Buffalo! :congrats: The old school I've been at the past week is the same way-lots of wheats, NO silver what-so-ever, although I did find a 1976 bicentennial quarter at about 10".

I've noticed this weird phenomenon lately where almost all the pennies no matter newer clad or old wheats have been ringing up higher than normal. Many of which are in the dime range.

Last 2 days I had bouncy quarter readings that popped out early memorials from about 7-8 inches. Seems like something isn't quite right in the kingdom!
:overreaction:

aloldstuff
09-23-2015, 08:18 PM
Nice group of coins. Only 1 more silver needed to beat last years total.....let me be the first to congratulate you on beating last years #'s. I know its coming.....:thumbsup02:

MIKE54
09-23-2015, 09:35 PM
Wow that Buffalo nickel's in awesome shape!

Cheap Thrills
09-23-2015, 11:34 PM
Nice ! I love the "PAC-MAN" penny motif .:lol: Congrats on your silver finds for the year and I agree that Buffalo nickel held up very well .:congrats:

Hiluxyota
09-24-2015, 06:53 AM
Every now n then my ctx will hit a wheat at 12/40. Good handful of coins...

MangoAve
09-24-2015, 07:04 AM
Nice score. Surprised to see all the silver were dimes. I haven't noticed much with the wheats and their VDI but I have noticed with the IH. They are just a tad lower; maybe 3-4 counts on my huge scale in the Tranger. That would equate to 1 or 2 counts on your scale of 99. Makes me rethink on cans, which read a similar number. Sometimes you can tell the pinpoint area is huge with a can so you aren't disappointed when you see what you dug.

Fire Fighter 43
09-25-2015, 06:26 PM
You had a great week Dave. Congrats on the silver and that is one big pile of wheats, WTG.