PDA

View Full Version : Off the Mark

chief5709
09-28-2015, 11:10 AM
September 26, 2015 – Saturday started with a park hunt with my daughter. The park was once a Boy Scout Camp and over the past few years turned into a town park with nature trails, etc. Found a bunch of clad and a couple of Wheaties and called it a day after an hour or so.

Later on I took a scouting tour of the fields my cousin and I have been detecting. The hayfield that we wanted to get in last week was cut so I sent him a text and we headed back down after he got out of work. We are still in search of a Rev War encampment and we felt this field was our best chance on the property. Unfortunately, I think we are off the mark and it was a few hundred yards away in the next field which we don’t have permission for.
Anyways, ended up with a few buttons and a toasted L.C.

BTV Digger
09-28-2015, 02:26 PM
Keep up the search Brian, and here's hoping you find it at some point. With the fields opening up again more finds surely await.

John

del
09-28-2015, 03:55 PM
I agree .... keep at it Brian ! I wanna see you come home with some Rev. War relics .

OxShoeDrew
09-28-2015, 04:53 PM
Can you try for permission in the next field? I wish you luck and congrats on the keepers!

Digger_O'Dell
09-28-2015, 10:53 PM
Congrats on the LC and other keepers. Good luck finding that encampment!

chief5709
09-29-2015, 04:37 AM
Keep up the search Brian, and here's hoping you find it at some point. With the fields opening up again more finds surely await.

John

Thanks John - we've got another field with permission that we have been patiently waiting for. I believe they want one more cut before they let us loose.

I agree .... keep at it Brian ! I wanna see you come home with some Rev. War relics .

Thanks Dan - We're being more persistent this year than ever before. A few more potential spots to work before winter hits.

Can you try for permission in the next field? I wish you luck and congrats on the keepers!

Thanks Drew - We tried last year but it didn't work out. Owner's statement "If I had a dollar for everyone that asked..." Knocked on the door last week and no answer.

Congrats on the LC and other keepers. Good luck finding that encampment!

Thanks Digger - I think we are going to come up short on this one, but there are more!

Bell-Two
09-29-2015, 04:13 PM
A big copper is always good!