PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the lowcountry of SC

relichunterryan
09-28-2015, 03:10 PM
Hi!

Been metal detecting since June of this year, had an ace 250 then upgraded to an AT pro. Love my machine, found 15 silvers so far. Also found a large cent, buffalo nickel, and just recently I found a King George III coin. :)

Ryan

Tony Two-Cent
09-28-2015, 03:36 PM
Welcome to the forum, Ryan! We're glad you joined us! :yes:

It sounds like you are off to a great start with your detecting! You have done exceptionally well in a short amount of time. Congrats on all of your finds, especially the King George III Copper! :thumbsup02:

We are looking forward to your participation on the forum!

del
09-28-2015, 03:37 PM
Well Hello Ryan , welcome to American Detectorist :waving: , you sound like your doing great being so new in the hobby :cheering: congrats on your success so far. Out of what you've found so far which is your favorite thus far?? Glad you found us here and joined up sir !

Dan

relichunterryan
09-28-2015, 03:40 PM
Welcome to the forum, Ryan! We're glad you joined us! :yes:

It sounds like you are off to a great start with your detecting! You have done exceptionally well in a short amount of time. Congrats on all of your finds, especially the King George III Copper! :thumbsup02:

We are looking forward to your participation on the forum!

Thanks!

Well Hello Ryan , welcome to American Detectorist :waving: , you sound like your doing great being so new in the hobby :cheering: congrats on your success so far. Out of what you've found so far which is your favorite thus far?? Glad you found us here and joined up sir !

Dan

My favorite find is the large cent.. its in awful shape but how I found it is more interesting. I found it at a 1910 school, got out it out of the hole and figured it was some token.. I used some water to clean it and I saw "ONE CENT" on the back and jumped for joy..

del
09-28-2015, 03:51 PM
My favorite find is the large cent.. its in awful shape but how I found it is more interesting. I found it at a 1910 school, got out it out of the hole and figured it was some token.. I used some water to clean it and I saw "ONE CENT" on the back and jumped for joy..

something about seeing a large copper is very exciting , i agree :happy:

hope you find a few more very soon Ryan .

Isaac
09-28-2015, 03:57 PM
Welcome to the forum :) Congrats on your finds and the low country is a very historical place. GL and HH!

Steve4050
09-28-2015, 07:30 PM
Welcome from West Virginia! My brother lives in SC and I really want to get down there to do some digging! Nice selection of finds!

Digger_O'Dell
09-28-2015, 11:05 PM
Welcome to the forum from Wisconsin! I have to agree with Del, you have done exceptionally well in so little time. I call it beginner's luck, which I had myself early this year when I bought my machine. Can't wait to see pics and stories of some of those finds!

aloldstuff
09-29-2015, 05:07 AM
Welcome from western MA. Great start to your detecting. How do you like that AT Pro and how do you pick your detecting spots?

relichunterryan
09-29-2015, 07:35 AM
Welcome from western MA. Great start to your detecting. How do you like that AT Pro and how do you pick your detecting spots?

Thanks! I love my AT Pro. It's an amazing machine for less than 1000 bucks. The last few spots I've been to actually have little or no research done. I just rolled up to a school that I had no idea when it was built and pulled maybe 10 silvers and the IHP and buffalo nickel from. Turns out it would be built in 1939.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GA1dad
09-29-2015, 12:26 PM
Greetings from the Greenville area Ryan!! Where abouts are you located in the Low Country,,, maybe we could meet for a dig sometime in the future.

Skamaniac
09-29-2015, 02:08 PM
Welcome from Washington state. You've got a great scorecard so far!

relichunterryan
09-29-2015, 03:19 PM
Greetings from the Greenville area Ryan!! Where abouts are you located in the Low Country,,, maybe we could meet for a dig sometime in the future.

Summerville. I'd like to go digging with somebody else but as of now I have no where to go. Waiting to get the go for a couple of places.

OxShoeDrew
10-01-2015, 04:57 PM
Looks like you're rolling right off the bat! Keep it up! Welcome to the group and continued success!

Fire Fighter 43
10-02-2015, 10:58 AM
Welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin, it is good to have you with us.