PDA

View Full Version : today it was coppers!

del
10-03-2015, 08:23 PM
Trooper Bri and I decided to hit the house foundation we detected last Saturday ( he got the 3 copper coin spill and I found the GW button that day):wow: .I still had a very good feeling about the site an I felt it still had some goodies laying around :yes:.

I picked up where I left off last week and in an area i was finding buttons and quickly found a few more and then a King George III copper then a "fatty" Indian head . followed by a very nice large two piece button with a nice floral motif with huge amounts of gilt still on it.then it slowed down a bit until i hit a nice coin tone :shocked01:only to retrieve a heavily crusted Matron head large cent :happydance01:about a foot away i get another coin hit :shocked02:. Another large cent comes up , i re-sweep the hole and I hear an iron null , grunts but the tail end of the signal is almost coin like .I re-sweep it from a different angle it mostly nulls out by the iron , i can't get it to sound good . I'm almost convinced it a bent nail by the way it sounds i fill the hole and walk away . :detecting: I swing the coil for a few feet and then go back (I'm digging out the iron and then gonna swing over ) I say to my self . I pinpoint two iron targets and dig , out comes a nail with large rusted head :yes: then i get a very sweet coin tone Brian was standing over me as i reach into the hole and pry loose the target .:shocked03: out flies two large green disks :shocked04::grin::happydance01:. later one just before we leave i pull up one last copper .

Trooper Bri
10-03-2015, 08:55 PM
Congrats on the great day Dan! A rainy, windy morning made much sweeter with those finds. Wish I could have been there to see all 4 come up.

Pennsylvania Treasures
10-03-2015, 09:00 PM
Fantastic Hunt Dan!

del
10-04-2015, 04:24 AM
Well here is a snap shot of the coppers all together before i left the site. more pictures to come once i clean the items .

Congrats on the great day Dan! A rainy, windy morning made much sweeter with those finds. Wish I could have been there to see all 4 come up.

Thanks Brian , i'll have to yell louder next time to get your attention :lol:

Fantastic Hunt Dan!

it sure was , been having a great month of detecting . thanks PT .

aloldstuff
10-04-2015, 05:34 AM
Wow, do you know your machine or what. :congrats:on all those coppers and can't wait to see them cleaned up. Great hunt. :thumbsup02:

10X
10-04-2015, 06:17 AM
Outstanding hunt Dan. 6 copper days are rare around here. :thumbsup01:

Bell-Two
10-04-2015, 02:20 PM
Wow that is a super day and oh boy do I love the Coppers and you gave me a lot to look at! Congratulations!

OxShoeDrew
10-04-2015, 02:42 PM
Oh my GOSH!! :happy::happy::happy::happy:
I decide not to hunt with you guys last week and you find a GW, I decide not to hunt again this week and a bazillion coppers show up. :lol: Awesome hunt Dan! :notworthy: Don't you just love digging a questionable target, remove a nail, then hear the sweetest sound since Mozart? :daydream:

Robbie
10-04-2015, 03:34 PM
:shocked03::daydream: I could only dream of having a day like that.

Digger Don
10-04-2015, 10:48 PM
Wow, What an amazing hunt. I go nuts if I find only one. I'd probably flip out if was able to dig that many in a season. You do it in one hunt.:envious::wow::congrats:

Cheap Thrills
10-05-2015, 12:29 AM
:shocked04: WOW !!! I'll bet if you were to hit that spot again you would find more great stuff .:congrats:

Digger_O'Dell
10-05-2015, 12:39 AM
Unbelievable! I would be doing the happy dance if I ever found a single Indian much less a large cent-and just look how many coppers you find in one day! Big congrats, and I know you will be back digging more iffy signals and probably turning over every tin can to look under it for a while...:lol:

:congrats:

del
10-05-2015, 07:16 AM
Wow, do you know your machine or what. :congrats:on all those coppers and can't wait to see them cleaned up. Great hunt. :thumbsup02:

Thanks Al , after swinging the dfx for about ten years now , I usually can tell if a good target in near iron but when multiple iron is around it and affects the tone from different angles makes it a real challenge. so my default is to isolate the iron and remove it to "re-listen" to the target , this has proven good results in the past .

I got a couple cleaned an will post them .

Outstanding hunt Dan. 6 copper days are rare around here. :thumbsup01:

here too Earle , it only happened a few time s before with me , thanks

Wow that is a super day and oh boy do I love the Coppers and you gave me a lot to look at! Congratulations!

Thanks Tony

Oh my GOSH!! :happy::happy::happy::happy:
I decide not to hunt with you guys last week and you find a GW, I decide not to hunt again this week and a bazillion coppers show up. :lol: Awesome hunt Dan! :notworthy: Don't you just love digging a questionable target, remove a nail, then hear the sweetest sound since Mozart? :daydream:

Drew , it was a wet , windy and chilly :frozen: day but i didn't want to leave :lol:

del
10-05-2015, 07:30 AM
:shocked03::daydream: I could only dream of having a day like that.

They are rare Robbie , I hope you get to have a few as well ! thanks

Wow, What an amazing hunt. I go nuts if I find only one. I'd probably flip out if was able to dig that many in a season. You do it in one hunt.:envious::wow::congrats:

Thank you very much Don , just lucky to get the 4 coin spill is all .

:shocked04: WOW !!! I'll bet if you were to hit that spot again you would find more great stuff .:congrats:

I'll go back but i'll probably wait until spring when the ground is saturated and the foliage is flattened down by the winter's snow. It should open some areas up. Thanks CT

Unbelievable! I would be doing the happy dance if I ever found a single Indian much less a large cent-and just look how many coppers you find in one day! Big congrats, and I know you will be back digging more iffy signals and probably turning over every tin can to look under it for a while...:lol:

:congrats:

very little modern trash here DOD , just shotgun shells . Thanks

del
10-05-2015, 07:38 AM
just a couple of coppers cleaned up

the king George III uncleaned then cleaned up

the 1835 matron uncleaned and cleaned

Lodge Scent
10-05-2015, 08:48 AM
Another great hunt Dan. You are tearing it up ! Great job working those iffy signals :clapping:

Cheap Thrills
10-05-2015, 09:33 AM
An unbelievably amazing job on the cleaning Dan ! I love seeing those before and after pictures .:clapping:

RIdirtdigger
10-05-2015, 09:36 AM
Great day detecting. That's a lot of coppers for one day. Awesome finds!

chief5709
10-05-2015, 11:11 AM
:notworthy: great day Dan! That Matron cleaned up very nice. Congrats!!!

GA1dad
10-05-2015, 01:41 PM
What a great hunt!! Congrats on your luck/skill my friend!!

BTV Digger
10-05-2015, 09:20 PM
Fantastic Dan and congrats! Man the Matron really cleaned up nicely and a year off the one I found a couple of weeks back to boot. 5 coppers in one hunt must certainly be one of your better days.

John

MangoAve
10-06-2015, 08:02 AM
That is a sweet site, Dan. The two coppers you cleaned look pretty good. Maybe they were the best ones you found? Idk. Guess I was correct that two were in the same hole together. Drew, how could you pass up the invite? tsk tsk.

del
10-06-2015, 03:14 PM
Fantastic Dan and congrats! Man the Matron really cleaned up nicely and a year off the one I found a couple of weeks back to boot. 5 coppers in one hunt must certainly be one of your better days.

John

Thank you John

That is a sweet site, Dan. The two coppers you cleaned look pretty good. Maybe they were the best ones you found? Idk. Guess I was correct that two were in the same hole together. Drew, how could you pass up the invite? tsk tsk.

a few of them cleaned up well Jim.

a few more before and after pictures of another copper and the nice floral gilted button . the back mark reads R & W Robinson and puts its age somewhere between 1836 to 1848

Robbie
10-06-2015, 05:02 PM
just a couple of coppers cleaned up

the king George III uncleaned then cleaned up

the 1835 matron uncleaned and cleaned

Very nice. How did you clean them?

Sam
10-06-2015, 06:46 PM
WOW! :shocked03: That's quite a lot of coppers!

Not only that, they're nice ones too. Congrats on an amazing hunt! :clapping:

MangoAve
10-07-2015, 06:52 AM
a few of them cleaned up well Jim.a few more before and after pictures of another copper and the nice floral gilted button . the back mark reads R & W Robinson and puts its age somewhere between 1836 to 1848

That button is sweet. The gilt does pop now. Literally it was made at the beginning of the Victorian era. Two piece or single piece? Obvi once 2 piece came around, they didn't make 100% that way. (I know you know this).

The matron looks nice. I can't believe how much of that rim with the inner reeds is still intact on the back of it. And after it looked like those huge crusty spots you find on your hot water pipes or even comparable to the efflorescence on concrete.