PDA

View Full Version : New Site, Newer Items

OxShoeDrew
10-04-2015, 02:32 PM
I hit an area today that looked as though someone hit it YESTERDAY!! There were dig holes everywhere, fresh footprints in the copious dirt left everywhere. Plugs put back upside down, large iron left in the hole...and ONE BARBER DIME left in the hole!!!!:thumbsup02: It was at 8in so I was wondering if his/her machine couldn't reach that far. This person dug about 40 holes and left all this LARGE, non-ferrous stuff!! I guess they were fooled by the iron which depleted all their digging time. I admit I tried to hit areas where I didn't see holes, and maybe they took home a boatload of keepers, but I suspect not.
Only found two buttons and they look much older than the other stuff :dontknow:
Also found an older wheat, not pictured as I forgot where I put it. These Indians are not typical of the ones we find around here :loveit:
Thanks for looking!
PS anyone know what that rectangular bit is on that carriage pole cap?
PPS I think this is my first Barber dime of the year!

Bell-Two
10-04-2015, 04:50 PM
That are some nice finds Drew, don't you hate when inconsiderate people leave a mess, but karma got them leaving that Barber!

Skamaniac
10-04-2015, 06:03 PM
Those IH's look pretty clean! Decent Barber too. Mam, I hate sloppy detecting. One of my pet peeves.

Digger_O'Dell
10-04-2015, 06:33 PM
Great finds there! I too have run across a couple places where previous diggers left a terrible mess, but unlike your adventure they also didn't leave any goodies.

Robbie
10-04-2015, 06:41 PM
Great finds Drew, and I get excited about finding 2 IH in a week.

Digger Don
10-04-2015, 10:28 PM
Great looking finds. Congrats on the Barber.
It's a real shame when we come across sloppy detecting messes. At least they left you a nice Barber. :congrats:

del
10-05-2015, 07:41 AM
great looking tombac Drew and nice barber :cheering:

Lodge Scent
10-05-2015, 08:55 AM
A wide variety and date range of nice digs Drew. I also have one of those carriage pole caps with the rectangle loop. Some one with a good bit of knowledge said they were some sort of military uniform flag holders but I do not think that is the case.

RIdirtdigger
10-05-2015, 09:32 AM
Same thing happened to me at a site on Saturday. Looks like a bomb went off at place, dig holes everywhere, many not filled in, rocks and trees branches moved and ox shoes left on rocks. Even left behind the Arizona Ice tea can they drank while taking a break. :disgusted::disgusted: They didn't leave much behind though, all I found was a button. Looks like they were only there a week ago, just before the rain. Glad you were able to find some targets the other sloppy diggers missed.

Cheap Thrills
10-05-2015, 09:47 AM
Very cool finds Drew and your photos are very nicely done .I would bet the dummies that left you the Barber didn't find that much either . Speaking of Barbers I think it's been about 3 yrs. since my last one.
Keep up the good work .:clapping::congrats:

chief5709
10-05-2015, 11:21 AM
Looks like a rookie must of been there before you. Left a mess and a bunch of goodies.

GA1dad
10-05-2015, 01:37 PM
Great post and glad you were able to show some results in the wake of the mess!

BTV Digger
10-05-2015, 09:23 PM
Really nice set of finds Drew. I agree, most of the IHs I find around here look just horrible. Your coins and buttons cleaned up great! Congrats and keep up the good work.

John

MangoAve
10-06-2015, 08:04 AM
Nice finds Drew. Sucks for them not paying attention to targets. Maybe they heard the dime but took out some junk target first and never rechecked hole.

aloldstuff
10-07-2015, 05:33 PM
I can understand everybody's feeling about sloppy detecting. I have permission at a grove, so I had the opportunity to detect it two days in a row. When I went back on the second day all of my plugs had been removed. I am thinking that a lazy animal was looking for grubs or some other delicacy. I actually brought this to the owners attention so that she wouldn't think that it was me.

Nice clean up hunt and congrats on your Barber.