PDA

View Full Version : Doh !!!

Digger_O'Dell
10-06-2015, 04:54 AM
After waiting more than 3 weeks after ordering 2 NEL 3 frequency X-Terra coils I got notice they made it through customs and had arrived at the dealer in New Jersey. The person I had been dealing with e-mailed me a confirmation that they were being shipped USPS priority mail 2nd day. But, as I read the receipt I realized he sent them to my billing address and not where I needed them to go. That may have been ok, but really not preferred as there is nobody awake during the day to get packages. But then I realized the address was badly misspelled anyway and could have been an issue

Strike 1!

After a rush e-mail reply I got a reply back from the shop about an hour later saying he was able to correct the mailing address and was sending it to my work address. I thanked him in a return e-mail and then sat back for them to arrive on Monday.
So I get to work Monday afternoon and did a check and the tracking number shows it has been delivered. Si I go to where the mail gets delivered and .... nothing. OK, maybe being a bigger box it may be in the shipping/receiving department. I search high and low-found lots of delivered boxes, but no coils. I check my supervisor's office in case someone decided to deliver them to my department, and nothing once again.
I pull up the second shipping details with the corrected address and realized something was amiss-the company name, city and zip were right, but he had omitted the street address!

Strike 2!

Now I have e-mailed back to the shop in the faint hope that the package can be located and redelivered to the correct address. But in this area of the city I would expect that whoever did receive the package probably already sold it. So unless I get lucky, this could be strike 3 and I'm out $650! :crying02::bangshead01::ticked::overreaction:

MangoAve
10-06-2015, 07:07 AM
..Ouch. Hope you can locate the package (s). I'm quite certain the USPS has a way to track where it was delivered. Are there any other companies in the same town/city? I'm sure the street address doesn't matter. BUT I will state that I have seen sometimes stuff I ordered says delivered and I never received the package. The scanning gun that gets used, sometimes the mail worker will accidentally scan it wrong like it was delivered... It was merely delivered to the next stop in its transit. I eventually got them.

groundhog53946
10-06-2015, 09:36 AM
Hope everything works out for you digger! I can only imagine the anguish that you are going through after waiting three weeks

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

chief5709
10-06-2015, 09:44 AM
That sucks! hope it all gets cleared up for you.

Skamaniac
10-06-2015, 11:21 AM
Good luck and keep us posted.

Digger_O'Dell
10-06-2015, 06:54 PM
Good news! Even though the shop owner was on the phone tracking the package for hours before being disconnected, I came into work this evening only to find the coils waiting for me at the front desk. I guess they must have been picked back up and brought here today. I can only assume they were delivered to a company nearby with a very similar name. Can't wait to try them in the morning!
:happy:

groundhog53946
10-06-2015, 08:11 PM
Awesome! Good luck tomorrow

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk