PDA

View Full Version : Heading out East!

Ill Digger
10-17-2015, 01:13 AM
I've got the week off. So I'm heading out to Massachusetts / Connecticut area to hopefully meet up with some of the forum members from the area. If anyone wants to try and meet up that would be great!

Hint, hint ;) Dan, HEAVYMETALNUT, Drew, Al:lol:
Hope to meet a few of ya:beerbuddy:

Digger_O'Dell
10-17-2015, 01:57 AM
Good luck! It sounds like it could be a great trip and exposure to areas with the kind of history we just don't have here in the Midwest. Hope you got some of those! Looking forward to the pics...:drool:

Digger Don
10-17-2015, 04:57 AM
You Lucky Dog. I would give anything to hunt out east for a week.
Best of luck to you Tim. I'll be looking forward to lots of photos.

Ill Digger
10-17-2015, 07:32 AM
Good luck! It sounds like it could be a great trip and exposure to areas with the kind of history we just don't have here in the Midwest. Hope you got some of those! Looking forward to the pics...:drool: Thanks DOD!
Yep that's what I'm hoping to do. Find some things that we just aren't gonna find at home in the Midwest.

You Lucky Dog. I would give anything to hunt out east for a week.
Best of luck to you Tim. I'll be looking forward to lots of photos.
:crossfingers: Keep our fingers crossed.

Ill Digger
10-17-2015, 03:22 PM
About half way there. I stopped for lunch in a small town in NE Ohio. Convently there was nice town square right across the street! So had the pulled pork ans a couple cocktails. No silver. But did pluck 8 older wheats. Now, back on the road and start heading east....

Full Metal Digger
10-17-2015, 03:52 PM
Best wishes Tim! I hope you find some colonial shoe buckles, coins, and early buttons. HH, Dave.

Ill Digger
10-18-2015, 07:38 AM
Best wishes Tim! I hope you find some colonial shoe buckles, coins, and early buttons. HH, Dave.
Me too Dave! Me too. :yes:
Like you said on the phone, anything that you ain't gonna find in Illinois.
Thanks buddy :thumbsup01:

MangoAve
10-19-2015, 09:54 AM
Good luck Tim. I'm over here too. I live like 3 miles away from Dan.

Ill Digger
10-19-2015, 10:19 AM
Thanks! We're out at a cellar hole right now!!!!
Here's might first colonial artifact!!!
Dan IDed it as a tombac 1760's-1810ish!!!

del
10-19-2015, 12:30 PM
Good luck Tim. I'm over here too. I live like 3 miles away from Dan.

Hey I didn't know you had the day off today Jim?? I'm planning on an all day cellar hunt on Wednesday with Tim if your interested.

Thanks! We're out at a cellar hole right now!!!!
Here's might first colonial artifact!!!
Dan IDed it as a tombac 1760's-1810ish!!!

The man gets a colonial tombac :clapping:, the hole was hit pretty hard too we had to move some distance to hit some period targets . Congrats Tim good luck today with Drew and I'll see you wednesday :thumbsup02:

Full Metal Digger
10-19-2015, 02:51 PM
WTG Tim! I'm expecting some KG II's and III's from you also! LOL. Maybe some early silver too. Best wishes and HH, Dave.

MangoAve
10-19-2015, 03:41 PM
Hmmm. Go to work, or hunt with Tim, whom I've yet to meet but took my direction on the NEL coil and is out this way, and Dan whom I haven't hunted yet this year...? Tough one. Lol. If so I am down. I do believe fb friends can see my #. Or fb pm is just as quick. If I can get a town I might be able to provide a nearby backup. I can't make any comments on your places (not that I would) bcuz they been great lately. But so I can put some effort forth on my part and as a just in case.

Ill Digger
10-19-2015, 11:18 PM
WTG Tim! I'm expecting some KG II's and III's from you also! LOL. Maybe some early silver too. Best wishes and HH, Dave.
Me too Dave. Me too. Just finding the coins that Dan and Drew found today would've sent me home with my mission accomplished. :envious:

Hey I didn't know you had the day off today Jim?? I'm planning on an all day cellar hunt on Wednesday with Tim if your interested.
The man gets a colonial tombac :clapping:, the hole was hit pretty hard too we had to move some distance to hit some period targets . Congrats Tim good luck today with Drew and I'll see you wednesday :thumbsup02: Thanks again Dan. Both, for taking me out this morning, and for IDing my button for me.
Now I have 3 more buttons that need IDing.
I'm really curious about the little cuff button :drool:

del
10-20-2015, 12:05 AM
some nice colonial examples Tim , the cuff one with the design (i'm not quite sure what it is on it ... a horn maybe?) might be newer if it is a two piece , i'll check them out Wednesday . if you got all them in just a couple of hours or less then it was a good spot and theres probably more around.

aloldstuff
10-20-2015, 05:57 AM
Dan, would there be room for one more on Wednesday? If so, my hats in the ring.

Nice photos Tim, hope today we can get you that copper.

del
10-20-2015, 10:34 AM
sure Al , just have to locate a suitable spot or spots now .

del
10-22-2015, 09:37 AM
This look says it all People :happydance01:

Tony Two-Cent
10-22-2015, 09:42 AM
This look says it all People :happydance01:

I know what it is, but I'll let him tell. :thumbsup01:

I could sense his excitement in the text he sent me yesterday! :thumbsup02:

MangoAve
10-22-2015, 11:58 AM
Uh oh. Tony is a little Jelly. Nice score Timmeh. You are prob by the edge of PA or into OH right about now.

Ill Digger
10-22-2015, 12:01 PM
Still in New York. But going down the road[emoji118]

Tony Two-Cent
10-22-2015, 12:05 PM
Uh oh. Tony is a little Jelly.

More than a little! :envious:

Ill Digger
10-22-2015, 12:09 PM
More than a little! :envious:
I know under any other circumstances you would be there.
If the circumstances were any different I would also be giving you all kinds of grief for not coming!!!![emoji38]

chief5709
10-22-2015, 12:32 PM
Tim, looks like you did very well. You definitely were in good company! Congrats!

out of curiosity did you drive east just to detect?

Ill Digger
10-22-2015, 12:33 PM
Tim, looks like you did very well. You definitely were in good company! Congrats!

out of curiosity did you drive east just to detect?
Yep!!![emoji38]

Fire Fighter 43
10-22-2015, 07:50 PM
Some very nice digs Tim, have a safe trip back and good luck if you stop a few times. I don't know why I said "if" I know you will hunt your way home.

chief5709
10-23-2015, 05:04 AM
Yep!!![emoji38]

That's awesome!