PDA

View Full Version : Me Metal detecting today at Madeira Beach,FL with my Ace 150

AdventureswithJustin
10-17-2015, 06:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clh2ebZhJDc

I had a blast and found a lot great day.:)

Skamaniac
10-18-2015, 09:14 AM
Hi Justin, welcome to the forum from Washington state where the beach sand is seldom dry and beach goers are usually wearing sweatshirts. That Ace 150 seems to do pretty well. You found more in that video on a beach than I ever have. (Admittedly though, I'm almost 200 miles inland so I don't see ocean beaches much.) :)

AdventureswithJustin
10-18-2015, 09:20 AM
Hi Justin, welcome to the forum from Washington state where the beach sand is seldom dry and beach goers are usually wearing sweatshirts. That Ace 150 seems to do pretty well. You found more in that video on a beach than I ever have. (Admittedly though, I'm almost 200 miles inland so I don't see ocean beaches much.) :)

Thank you , I just moved to Florida about 4 month ago from Grants Pass ,OR

Skamaniac
10-18-2015, 09:56 AM
Thank you , I just moved to Florida about 4 month ago from Grants Pass ,OR

No wonder you're out enjoying the sun! Good luck on your hunts down there!

AdventureswithJustin
10-18-2015, 05:02 PM
Thank you

OxShoeDrew
10-18-2015, 05:13 PM
Yeah, I'm with Ska, I've yet to beach hunt. It looks like fun. I'm only an hour from the beach so it's conceivable I'll make my way down there. Maybe this winter when the snow flies! Nice job with the mounted video.

Cheap Thrills
10-18-2015, 11:04 PM
Welcome to the forum Justin . Nice hunt and video . I enjoy a little dry sand beach hunting myself once in a while .

buck57
10-21-2015, 07:58 PM
Welcome Justin. That beach hunting is s whole lot easier digging than up north! My wife and I moved down here 2 years ago this month. We are about an hour from Maderia Beach. Good luck and happy hunting to ya. :thumbsup01:

Digger_O'Dell
10-21-2015, 08:46 PM
Welcome Justin! I love Florida, especially the Gulf area around Ft. Myers, but have never detected down that way. Here in Wisconsin we have nice beached on Lake Michigan, but we have to deal with black sand (powdered iron), cold water, and ice build up - sometimes up until June! So enjoy the sun and fun!

Typical Wisconsin spring at the beach!