PDA

View Full Version : Hi form Ma.

mdjorjorian
10-18-2015, 10:32 AM
Hi from MA. Any advice on where to start my new hobby. Went to a few ball fields today and found some coins. Very fun and rewarding. Looking for places to treasure hunt in MA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

del
10-18-2015, 02:19 PM
Hello mdjorjorian , welcome to the forum :waving: I hope you don't mind but i copied your post to start a new introduction thread . We have quite a few members here from Ma. that can answer some of your questions and if I were you I would also do some "homework" about your local town ordinances do's and don'ts . Good luck and hope to see what you find !!

Dan

Skamaniac
10-18-2015, 05:16 PM
Welcome from Washington state. Looking forward to seeing some of your finds.

OxShoeDrew
10-18-2015, 05:51 PM
What machine are you using? Just locating sites can be rewarding in itself. Good luck and welcome to the group!

aloldstuff
10-19-2015, 05:08 AM
Welcome from western MA. What part of MA are you in? As Del stated in his reply, do check on the local ordinances. Looking forward to seeing your finds (we love pictures).

Fire Fighter 43
10-22-2015, 07:48 PM
Welcome to the forum and hobby from SE Wisconsin.

Digger_O'Dell
10-22-2015, 08:03 PM
Welcome from Wisconsin! As to where to go, I can't speak specifically to your location as I don't know the area. But, if you are interested in looking for old coins or relics you are in the right area of the country. The best thing to do is research local history and try to find abandoned colonial home sites. You can also get permission from home owners to detect their properties. There are just tons of possible sites.