PDA

View Full Version : Ring return gives me some good karma

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-18-2015, 06:59 PM
this guy's wife lost her wedding band while cleaning up her flower garden.Found it within 5 mins.Glad to get it back on her finger. a snow squall started just after I found it. ugggh..winter is coming!
After the ring return I turned down his offer of any money for finding it Me and Lynne went to a trashy cellar hole that I have wanted to get back to.
mixed in the iron around the lip of the cellar I dug this conductor hat badge.Think it's from a late 1800's NYC Trolley Car Conductors hat.
I think the small letters on the badge is a long number 3 with the word Ave in the logo.
This was what I found on the internet.Any RR or Trolley car buffs out there care to chime in..I'd love to hear your thoughts.
************************************************** ***********************************************
The origins of the Third Avenue Railway System can be traced back to a simple horsecar line operated by the Third Avenue Railroad Company between City Hall and 62nd Street in Manhattan in 1853. By the 1870s, routes had been extended as far north as 129th Street and across the length of 125th Street. At its peak, more than 1700 horses were stabled by the railway to keep up with demand. By 1885, Third Avenue Railroad had opened its first cable car line on Amsterdam Avenue. The 125th Street and Third Avenue lines were converted to cable car operation by 1893.

chief5709
10-19-2015, 04:51 AM
Nice job on finding that ring!

Cheap Thrills
10-19-2015, 09:13 AM
Congrats on finding the ring and the Conductor badge is a very cool and I would think a very rare find .You do have a tendency to find the rare stuff . Great going once again .

MangoAve
10-19-2015, 09:31 AM
...Took me a while to figure out about the first pic. Boy, that thing was hiding in there. Now does this mean Dave might be doing more nice things for once? :hystericallaugh: I know it's hard to do.

del
10-19-2015, 02:22 PM
You must of really struggled with yourself to find that ring Dave .... its not colonial :yes: its not a copper :yes: and despite these huge hurdles you still managed to help this person out !!:notworthy::notworthy: well done sir !!:clapping::congrats:on the conductor's hat badge :cheering:

Now does this mean Dave might be doing more nice things for once? :hystericallaugh: I know it's hard to do.

Davey is the epitome of nice Jim :grin: he was just asking me the other day to change his name to NICEHEAVYMETALNUT ;)

Digger Don
10-19-2015, 04:06 PM
Nice recovery on the ring. I'm sure you made her day.:clapping:
That Conductor's badge was an awesome find. :congrats:

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-19-2015, 07:08 PM
...Took me a while to figure out about the first pic. Boy, that thing was hiding in there. Now does this mean Dave might be doing more nice things for once? :hystericallaugh: I know it's hard to do.
you really know how to yank my chain Jimbo :mad: I'll getcha!

OxShoeDrew
10-19-2015, 07:46 PM
Nice job cleaning that badge Dave! Also, kudos for helping the lady out! :clapping:

Digger_O'Dell
10-19-2015, 08:25 PM
Awesome job cleaning that badge-that turned out really nice! Also a good job finding and returning that ring-WTG!
:perfect10:

Lodge Scent
10-19-2015, 09:35 PM
NICEHEAVYMETALNUT is rather catchy. Good job on the ring return Dave. :thumbsup01:

MangoAve
10-20-2015, 06:57 AM
Davey is the epitome of nice Jim. he was just asking me the other day to change his name to NICEHEAVYMETALNUT

you really know how to yank my chain Jimbo I'll getcha!

:hystericallaugh:Ok... So maybe Dave is nice, but he does have a short temper. I have seen ya give it back to Dick S. on FB, but between Todd, Me, and Dan you must feel like Charlie Brown. You missed the fact how someone else said finding gold was hard for ya....??

idky I didn't say a congrats on both things, on this forum...but grats on the recoveries sir.

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-20-2015, 08:50 AM
:hystericallaugh:Ok... So maybe Dave is nice, but he does have a short temper. I have seen ya give it back to Dick S. on FB, but between Todd, Me, and Dan you must feel like Charlie Brown. You missed the fact how someone else said finding gold was hard for ya....??

idky I didn't say a congrats on both things, on this forum...but grats on the recoveries sir.
LOL thanks

Bucknut
10-20-2015, 10:19 AM
Great job with the ring! I have yet to return any that I have found but I am sure the feeling is pretty cool.

The Rebel
10-20-2015, 11:45 AM
WTG Dave on the return. Saw the snow as well at my house, UGH!

BTV Digger
10-23-2015, 04:45 PM
Nice job Dave on finding the ring. I've had two requests to help find lost gold rings this year and unfortunately came up empty on both. :bummer:
Really nice hat badge as well. Personally I rank something like that above a toasted copper any day. Really puts a personal touch and place on the item.

John

Bell-Two
11-06-2015, 08:29 AM
:congrats: