PDA

View Full Version : Future coinshooting hunt

coinnut
07-22-2010, 08:37 PM
This is a premonition of a hunt that is going to take place on Saturday lol I needed a place to hunt since my hunting buddy is doing the summer family stuff ;) I ran into a client and asked to hunt his property which dates back to around 1890, and he said sure, just show me what you find. Not what I'm used to hunting but I predict lots of coins, hence the posting here lol I hope I don't get skunked or I may have to move my own post :confused: So visions of silver dance in my head until Saturday when reality may set in lol But the area is a lot older than 1890, and the stone foundation may mean that it sits on an older site, so large coppers are not out of the question :shocked04: Wish me luck. ;)

catskillcomics
07-22-2010, 08:43 PM
Good Luck on the site George!!! And I know how you feel, I've been to many private spots with visions of dancing silver coins and gone home with my tail between my legs.. but you just never know.. you may find a cache of silver & gold coins near a foundation or stone wall.. if so.... don't forget us when your rich... :beerbuddy:

... and PS, if you ever need a replacement hunting partner or want to try somplace new, don't hesitate to PM me.. I'm pretty much game anytime

coinnut
07-22-2010, 09:29 PM
but you just never know.. you may find a cache of silver & gold coins near a foundation or stone wall.. if so.... don't forget us when your rich... :beerbuddy:

I won't forget you guys when I'm rich, but will you still talk to me when I'm poor lol

... and PS, if you ever need a replacement hunting partner or want to try somplace new, don't hesitate to PM me.. I'm pretty much game anytime

How far away from Springfield MA are you? Maybe Del and I can find some places and meet you half way and get a hunt in? Always want to meet up with other forum members that are close enough to drive to.

del
07-23-2010, 01:47 AM
alright you just added alot of pressure to yourself by posting your predictions of copper and silver , buddy. you better not dissapoint the rest of us lol lol or you'll get this :behave: :bop: :boxing: lol rofl might i suggest stopping by a coin shop to avoid being flogged on a national detecting forum. :beatdown: :beatdown: :teasing:

Dan

Epi-hunter
07-23-2010, 08:24 AM
I am looking forward to seeing all the silver and coppers you pull from that site! The pressure is on lol lol

Seriously, that sounds like a terrific opportunity. Can't wait to see how you do!

angellionel
07-23-2010, 09:14 AM
George, it isn't nice to make us all drool. lol lol That does sound like a very promising site! I predict you will pick up some old silver from there. :cheesysmile: I wish you great success! thumbsup01

coinnut
07-23-2010, 12:07 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm gonna give it my best shot. The 11 coil along with a cranked up 5 coil should do the trick. Plus I 'm getting some rain tonight :clapping:, so I have no excuses lol And as for being flogged on a national detecting forum? I can take the hit. It's not the first time I've been embarrased in life rofl Besides, I can hide behind my Avatar. :cheesysmile: It is the internet after all :)

pulltabsteve
07-23-2010, 02:45 PM
Good luck! 1890s house huh...maybe even a Gold coin awaits you in the dirt :peace: :happydance01:

Ill Digger
07-23-2010, 03:01 PM
Good luck over there. Sounds like a great place to hunt :drool:
I never would've posted predictions :-\ with my luck it would back fire for sure 8/
HH :grin:

coinnut
07-23-2010, 05:08 PM
Good luck! 1890s house huh...maybe even a Gold coin awaits you in the dirt :peace: :happydance01:

I wish!! With my luck, it will be a gold colored pulltab lol

I never would've posted predictions :-\ with my luck it would back fire for sure 8/
HH :grin:

This house has a bit of land and even if it has been hunted before, it has to have clad lol We got a good soaking rain here and I got that feeling rofl It will give me some time to learn how to deal with standing houses and the junk that is in the ground :confused: If I don't post by 7PM, I'm hiding in Mexico lol

Ill Digger
07-23-2010, 07:53 PM
This house has a bit of land and even if it has been hunted before, it has to have clad lol We got a good soaking rain here and I got that feeling rofl It will give me some time to learn how to deal with standing houses and the junk that is in the ground :confused: If I don't post by 7PM, I'm hiding in Mexico lol
Oh yeah there will still be plenty of goodies!! Heck, you guys out east, even your clads older than ours lol
I'll be watchin' to see what you pull :drool:
We're all rooting for you :cheering:

coinnut
07-23-2010, 08:29 PM
We're all rooting for you :cheering:

Ummm, nice pom poms Tim lol I won't disappoint, I think :-\

tanacat
07-23-2010, 11:31 PM
Ummm, nice pom poms Tim lol

rofl rofl rofl Especially since he's such a brute/macho looking kind of guy (met in person at DFXonly hunt this spring)

thumbsup01 GOOD LUCK thumbsup01 GOOD LUCK thumbsup01 GOOD LUCK thumbsup01 GOOD LUCK thumbsup01 GOOD LUCK thumbsup01 GOOD LUCK thumbsup01

Ill Digger
07-24-2010, 12:42 AM
Ummm, nice pom poms Tim lol I won't disappoint, I think :-\
I figured if I didn't use that one on this post, I never would ues that smiley lol :tongue:

rofl rofl rofl Especially since he's such a brute/macho looking kind of guy (met in person at DFXonly hunt this spring)
thumbsup01 Yeah !! :beatdown: See George !! :teasing:

Now I'm waiting for the right time to use this one next :beatdeadhorse: rofl

coinnut
07-24-2010, 02:25 PM
Ok Got rained out for the rest of the hunt :mad: :ticked: :bangahead01: :angry: >:\...... :crying02: Now that that's over with, lol it wasn't much of a hunt anyways. Lots of surface clad. Lots of trash buried in the yard. The machine was in almost constant null. I did run Conductive multi for most of the hunt and was going to do the yard again in Ferrous 2 tones, but it started pouring. You can barely see the rain in the first picture, but it was a downpour. Did manage to get a 1941 Mercury with the 5 coil and Ferrous 2 tones. I used the 11 Pro Coil and the 5 Sunray coil. Total haul a couple of hours is 13 clad quarters, 12 clad dimes, 1 nickel, 12 memorials, 2 wheats, and a 1941 Mercury. Total $4.74.

catskillcomics
07-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Lots of digging going on there.. sorry you didn't find much silver (or gold), but one is better than none..

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-24-2010, 08:37 PM
least ya got a silver.alot of diggin G that's for sure.hey ya did ok in my book! thumbsup01

Ill Digger
07-25-2010, 12:23 AM
I'd say you did pretty darn good for a short hunt thumbsup01
If nothin' else you got some of the surface cludder off for a return trip :yes:
Love the Merc :drool:
Congrats :grin:

:cheering:...Musta' worked?..... lol

angellionel
07-25-2010, 09:27 PM
Wow! It was really coming down in buckets! :shocked04:stretcher: At least you saved one piece of silver from the soil's clutches. :yes:

Epi-hunter
07-25-2010, 09:28 PM
Sorry it didn't turn out to be more lucrative George, but it was a good site and at least you found some silver!

zrickkid
07-25-2010, 11:35 PM
Nice hunt good luck there in the future!

del
07-26-2010, 03:15 AM
nice merc and it saved you from being skunked anyhow , wished ya did better there buddy :yes: despite popular belief i was :cheering: root'in :cheering: for you to find something really interesting to show off.

Dan

coinnut
07-26-2010, 07:45 AM
I never realized how good Del and Ill Digger look in pink. rofl With cheerleaders like that, how can a guy go wrong? :confused: