PDA

View Full Version : I don't get it....

Epi-hunter
07-23-2010, 04:47 PM
How does the color affect difficulty of assembly? :confused: :thinkingabout:

I am really re-thinking whether I should buy one.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38378716/ns/technology_and_science-wireless?GT1=43001

coinnut
07-23-2010, 05:03 PM
How does the color affect difficulty of assembly? :confused: :thinkingabout:

I am really re-thinking whether I should buy one.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38378716/ns/technology_and_science-wireless?GT1=43001

Substitute the work expensive for difficult and it will make more sense. I bet it cost more to get white and may possibly even have something to do with the different chemicals needed to make something white. Maybe it will affect the duribility of the unit. But my bet is on cost. Multiply millions of them sold by say $.50 and you will see that they owner could have bought his 15th oceanside house with it lol

CyberSage
07-23-2010, 05:40 PM
I don't thinks its actually the color that is the issue. I think there is some re-engineering going on concerning the antenna problems. Consumer Reports has officially given the Iphone 4 a No Buy recommendation because of this problem.

Epi-hunter
07-23-2010, 07:07 PM
George, even if it costs more to manufacture it in white, wouldn't they have been able to predict that? :confused:

I suspected that it was nonsense, because they were trying to fix the issues they were having. I always have had black iPhones, never intended to get white, but this whole issue has me thinking about paying off my AT&T contract, switching to Verizon, and getting a Droid Incredible instead up upgrading to the G4.

angellionel
07-23-2010, 07:20 PM
Or you can just get one of the following. Problem solved. :cheesysmile: Sorry, Angie, I couldn't resist. lol

Epi-hunter
07-23-2010, 07:33 PM
Or you can just get one of the following. Problem solved. :cheesysmile: Sorry, Angie, I couldn't resist. lol

Are you trying to make a point? lol

coinnut
07-23-2010, 07:44 PM
George, even if it costs more to manufacture it in white, wouldn't they have been able to predict that? :confused:

I suspected that it was nonsense, because they were trying to fix the issues they were having. I always have had black iPhones, never intended to get white, but this whole issue has me thinking about paying off my AT&T contract, switching to Verizon, and getting a Droid Incredible instead up upgrading to the G4.

I think there may have been a demand for white, but Jack's point on the antenna issues is probably what the delay really is. Why make more phones that do not work, regardless of the color lol. I never was happy with Verizon and switched to AT&T. We could not get reception on my street with Verizon, but now I get it with AT&T, but still can't get it inside my house. So that is why I switched (plus bad customer service). But after seeing the Droid vs iPhone, I would love a Droid. I think the real issue is that we are not able to pick the phone we like without being tied in to a particular phone company. That's just wrong lol Give me a Droid and AT&T.

Epi-hunter
07-23-2010, 07:49 PM
Give me a Droid and AT&T.

Give me an iPhone and Verizon lol

I have always been happy with the iPhone but lately, hate being tied to AT&T. I was happy with them before. We initially switched to AT&T before moving here because with our previous Verizon, living in a rural area on an acreage in Iowa, I had to walk almost a mile from my house to get any kind of reception with Verizon. We switched to AT&T and I could suddenly get reception even in the house. I think it depends on where you are.

angellionel
07-23-2010, 07:56 PM
Are you trying to make a point? lol

That it is as good as the iPhone as far as the intended use - to make or receive calls. lol :teasing: So what if it weights a ton. rofl

tanacat
07-24-2010, 05:38 PM
That it is as good as the iPhone as far as the intended use - to make or receive calls.

My phone does just that - the Simple Samsung lol but I think I'm gonna request one for my birthday next month :happydance01: it'll be nice to check in with you guys, see the latest finds while in ER waiting room :) Btw, I was there last week ---6 hrs with Logan (2 yr old) got stitches in the head from Bryce (4 yr old) throwing something :-\ Poor little guy!