PDA

View Full Version : Same place as medal spill nets a big silver

MangoAve
10-28-2015, 09:41 AM
Last night I got out with our very own British bulldog (bollox...:lol: jk.. it's cuz the words sound close.) and Kev to the same site as I got the medal spill. Apparently the place is still hiding a lot more stuff and prob has a lot more left to get. I tried working really well, the area where the majority of older finds came from. Up near some bushes, tho, I got right up close to them. I pulled up my first walking liberty half!! Yay.

Lee was having a little trouble with the EMI. I thought the ATP would compensate with the frequency shift capability. When he moved to a different area he had better luck. Not to spoil his, but I'm the only one with all the big coins together. He got the luck because it was an area I passed off and didn't do thoroughly. I thought it was a filled area and there was a lot of trash. The first time going through there I didn't hear much falsing from iron, but I was hearing a few big crushed cans. That to me equals fill. Good for him to go back and check the area out. Now I gotta text him the pics I have of his finds if he wants to post about them. I'm hoping this luck continues. GL to all.

Maybe I should get a photobucket or similar account so I can actually post here the vids that make it on FB. They are short so idk if a YouTube is worth it otherwise it will be choppy from site to site.
All the silver yesterday.

The Rebel
10-28-2015, 10:24 AM
That's awesome. Never found one of those yet.

aloldstuff
10-28-2015, 11:14 AM
Great hunting. I got a text from Lee last night as he was sitting on the roadside waiting for AAA to fix his flat. Great site you got there and I hope that many more keepers are coming your way. Between the both of you, multiple 1/2's.....:congrats:

MangoAve
10-29-2015, 06:43 AM
That's awesome. Never found one of those yet.

No??? Surprising. It did take a while for me to find one and it was at a standing house, but I thought you been detecting many years and prob snagged one out of a park at some point. Or you hit mostly cellar holes, but I think Drew has said he found some dropped by hunters. Thanks; hope you find one. They are really beautiful coins even if the ones later than 1930 are merely ~$9 throughout the latter era of minting. Still nice big silver that I know I don't mind finding just to say I did.

Great hunting. I got a text from Lee last night as he was sitting on the roadside waiting for AAA to fix his flat. Great site you got there and I hope that many more keepers are coming your way. Between the both of you, multiple 1/2's.....:congrats:'

Thanks, too, Al. Hope the finds keep flowing, too. Sucks to hear about Lee's flat tho. He does drive a little close to the side of the road, tho, which is prob where he picked up a screw. It's always a screw. The three or so I found in my tires throughout the years were always screws. And none were screws you'd find from a car, which is the odd thing. One was a drywall screw.

Cheap Thrills
10-29-2015, 10:42 AM
That Sir, is one heck of an achievement .:shocked05: :shocked03: :shocked04: :perfect10:

MangoAve
10-29-2015, 11:49 AM
That Sir, is one heck of an achievement .

Thanks, Sir. I think the achievement was hitting a Barber before a WL. The list is getting shorter....

Metaldetectingeurope
10-29-2015, 02:48 PM
super! Three times big silver coin would make my day! :clapping:

wisconsin digger
10-29-2015, 09:01 PM
Wow that is a trio of beauty. Great finds WD

Digger_O'Dell
10-29-2015, 11:17 PM
WOW, great silvers! Love to see the big scores even in they aren't mine :lol:-Congrats!!

Fire Fighter 43
10-31-2015, 10:23 AM
Very nice, it is always fun to dig a big silver and you got three, WTG.

Digger Don
10-31-2015, 04:26 PM
You need to call that site "Walker Grove"
Congrats on a great score.

OxShoeDrew
11-01-2015, 02:47 PM
"Or you hit mostly cellar holes, but I think Drew has said he found some dropped by hunters." I've only found two or three. The ones I remember were at cellar holes that had concrete in places...must have been abandoned late. You got as many in one shot! I see DOD has a Franklin, still on my list. Don is right, "Walker Grove" sounds good!
When I hunted with Lee he backed into a tree...he is still getting used to driving on the right :lol::poke:
That is some fine hunting Jim!!

MangoAve
11-02-2015, 10:00 AM
super! Three times big silver coin would make my day! :clapping:

I'm good with even 1 big silver, but once you find one there's always an itch to see what else might be hiding. Thanks.

Wow that is a trio of beauty. Great finds WD

Yup, my favorite coin, esthetically. Thanks.

WOW, great silvers! Love to see the big scores even in they aren't mine :lol:-Congrats!!

Well, Chris, even some of the odd things we can pull up this way I'm sure it's just good to see. Not just the coppers, but the things I am about to post about. Even tho your area was around at the Victorian era, some of these finds would just be unheard of. Thanks, tho. They are great.

Very nice, it is always fun to dig a big silver and you got three, WTG.

Thanks. Big silver makes any hunt worth while. Now I gotta invest in a cleaner.

You need to call that site "Walker Grove"
Congrats on a great score.

Thanks, Don. I'll go over and replace the listing sign with a new one saying "Walker Grove". Hopefully it won't attract too much attention. lol.

"Or you hit mostly cellar holes, but I think Drew has said he found some dropped by hunters." I've only found two or three. The ones I remember were at cellar holes that had concrete in places...must have been abandoned late. You got as many in one shot! I see DOD has a Franklin, still on my list. Don is right, "Walker Grove" sounds good!
When I hunted with Lee he backed into a tree...he is still getting used to driving on the right :lol::poke:
That is some fine hunting Jim!!

Drew, you don't miss anything involving you? haha. Making sure no one talks bad aboutcha, eh? Lol. Still the mention was that they could be found at cellars. The one I got my second oldest KG and the bit boss had concrete added to the original stonework on the cellar only. It did still appear on the '34 aerial so maybe there is potential to find one there, once I go back.

Lol. so I guess you noticed it too. He has been here long enough to be used to driving on the right. Thanks, Drew. Getting better and better with practice.

MIKE54
11-04-2015, 07:13 PM
Way to go Jim. Haven't gotten out much lately but am going to get a shot at my cousin's huge old house in the historical district in Hartford soon. I'll let you know how that turns out.

del
11-04-2015, 08:06 PM
wow , that place is just a WLH honey hole !!

MangoAve
11-05-2015, 07:48 AM
Way to go Jim. Haven't gotten out much lately but am going to get a shot at my cousin's huge old house in the historical district in Hartford soon. I'll let you know how that turns out.

Thanks, Mike. You prob been getting golfing in while you still can. I tried to ramp up the detecting outings while I can. Altho I think detecting can go a little longer while its cold. Nice to hear about the new prospect. Good luck there. The really historical part of Hartford, which is in the 1640 map I got, is all paved now. I wouldn't doubt that either City Steam or a parking lot is on top of the old cow pasture and those apartments you see from 84 are on the old ox pasture. The only exposed ground by the state house is a few gardens, but back then it was a meeting house, market, and a jail house. Imagine the stuff that's underneath that asphalt. And the old landing is just overgrown and trash with a road. End the disapproval rant on the urbanization.

wow , that place is just a WLH honey hole !!

I'm sure being a business just around while the WL were more abundant, they were used for payment for goods. Apparently business was booming then to not search around for three halves that got lost. I gotta get back there soon so maybe more come up. Im gonna use the 4" coil again and max the sensitivity. I'm actually thinking to get a 5" Sharp DD for the White's and a NEL hunter for it. Then sell my extra 8" CC for the TR/T2/T4 and the 10" DD that was stock with the white's that works with the V3i.