PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Firefighter 43 for a great day of detecting

wisconsin digger
10-28-2015, 06:08 PM
Was fortunate, along with Digger O'dell, to be invited on a hunt by Firefighter 43 (Jeff). I can't thank him enough as the 3 of us had a great hunt even with a little rain. My day started out real well with a couple of 1920 Buffalos but I was tiring myself out pretty fast digging in some heavy roots. I decided to get away from the protection of some trees and venture into the weather and some open ground (and NO roots). Digging was way easier and there were tons of signals to the point I started skipping a lot of shallower signals. After several hours I managed to add 3 Merc's a Rosie and 2 War Nickels to the pouch along with plenty of gas money. I usually post a weekly summary but I wanted to make sure I got a shout out to FF43 on a great hunt. I even managed to hang with him a bit on the silver count this time. I think he cut me some slack after the pounding I took the last time. Nice to meet another detectorist in Digger O'dell and also spending another several hours in the field with FF43. THx again Keep swinging Wisconsin Digger

Bucknut
10-28-2015, 07:16 PM
Wow what a day of detecting! Congrats!

Full Metal Digger
10-28-2015, 08:02 PM
Great finds! I hear from lots of folks what a great guy Jeff is. He shares his good sites with visitors so they are sure to make some good finds! Congrats on all the silvers and buffalo nickels. Best wishes and HH, Dave.

Cheap Thrills
10-29-2015, 01:45 AM
Man , that's a great haul !!:congrats: That was pretty cool of Firefighter 43 to share a good spot with you and Digger O'Dell . He's truly worthy of a generous serving of good Karma .

aloldstuff
10-29-2015, 05:09 AM
Looking at all your "gas" money I can see why the shallower targets were skipped. :congrats:on all those keepers

MangoAve
10-29-2015, 06:45 AM
Nice, I like the Scout pin. Not something I remember wearing on my uniform when I was a kid. A lot of clad and you managed a bit of silver. I think I see possible dates on the buffs....

leslie(nova scotia)
10-29-2015, 07:52 AM
Super outing for you two. Nice to hunt with a bud!

Metaldetectingeurope
10-29-2015, 02:56 PM
Great finds you got! :thumbsup02:.
is it not common to Search with a friend? Or are you all living to far away from eachother?
I'm mostly going out with one or two other friends. Sometimes even up to 8!

Ill Digger
10-29-2015, 07:20 PM
Sweet!!! :clapping:
Nice handful of keepers ya got there!!! :thumbsup01:
Congrats! :grin:

Jeff is always a good time to hunt with! :perfect10:
He's a great host!!!:perfect10:(obviously):lol:
Although, he has a nack for picking some crumby days, weather wise, to hunt.:lol: But he has a passion for the hobby and likes to find the good stuff! And puts you on a spot that has a good chance for just that!! :yes:
Did I mention that I've had the pleasure of hunt with Jeff a time or two?:lol:

Digger_O'Dell
10-29-2015, 11:38 PM
Big congrats WD on the finds and I was very glad I had the chance to meet and hunt together. Huge thanks to Jeff for sharing such a great site! I hope I can return the favor someday if I ever find a good enough place to hunt. I really like those buffs-but maybe next time if you want to give up a good spot because of a few roots, let me know because I would be happy to deal with them for those kind of finds! :cheesysmile: Sorry for posting a day late, but once I got home, cleaned up and fed I had already been awake for 30 plus hours-so wiped out I slept in for almost 17 hours!

is it not common to Search with a friend? Or are you all living to far away from eachother?
I'm mostly going out with one or two other friends. Sometimes even up to 8!
It can be uncommon because of distance, work schedules, etc., but it is always nice to hunt with friends when it can be arranged.

He's a great host!!!:perfect10:(obviously):lol:
Although, he has a nack for picking some crumby days, weather wise, to hunt.:lol: But he has a passion for the hobby and likes to find the good stuff! And puts you on a spot that has a good chance for just that!! :yes:

I agree, Jeff is a great host and I am very grateful for this opportunity and the experience! I'm hoping that in the future we will have time to get together again to hunt and hopefully I can learn from some of his extensive experience on the CTX.

Fire Fighter 43
10-31-2015, 10:12 AM
Again, it was a pleasure detecting with you Dave. Congrats on a great day of digging, I knew you would do well at that site. I'm Looking forward to our next trip.

Digger Don
10-31-2015, 04:34 PM
Based on the posts from the three of you, You guys had an amazing day of hunting together.
It.s always more fun when you hunt with friends.
:congrats: on all the nice Silver

milco
10-31-2015, 08:58 PM
Great finds! Jeff is a great host! Glad you made it out and made some nice finds!

OxShoeDrew
11-02-2015, 05:26 PM
Great to hear there is so much comradery out there! ...and so many nice finds! Congrats!:)