PDA

View Full Version : last couple hunts* 1776 reale* CT copper *1789 French 2 Sous coin

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-08-2015, 01:32 AM
last few hunts.Been lazy on the forum.:embarrassed: multiple holed :confused:1776 reale* CT copper *1789 French 2 Sous coin* open work shoe buckle,a cool brass comb with a cartouche mark stamped into it.a neat BOWIE knife that I dug and trying to fix it back up.sunk a large cubic zirconia diamond into the handle where the emblem(pitted & corroded pot metal emblem) for knife fell out and applying polyurethane to handle as I type.

aloldstuff
11-08-2015, 06:24 AM
Some nice finds and the work you have done on the bowie is amazing. Don't think I have ever seen a reale with so many holes....what would have been the purpose of doing that? Are some of those buttons iron?

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-08-2015, 10:44 AM
Some nice finds and the work you have done on the bowie is amazing. Don't think I have ever seen a reale with so many holes....what would have been the purpose of doing that? Are some of those buttons iron?
thanks! yeah 3 iron dandy buttons.I have never dug iron ones before.not sure what they were doing with this reale :shocked01:

Cheap Thrills
11-08-2015, 01:12 PM
" all my friends are the low riders "........:lol: that picture cracked me up .Great finds once again .For the life of me I can't figure out why someone would put that many holes in that Reale .That Bowie knife is neat .

RIdirtdigger
11-08-2015, 01:33 PM
Great finds. Never seen iron dandy buttons before. I like the reale it has a lot of character. I wonder what they were doing with the holes?

10X
11-08-2015, 05:58 PM
Nice variety of finds, and good job restoring the Bowie. :thumbsup01:

Lodge Scent
11-08-2015, 08:22 PM
Nice bunch of finds HMN. I have to say I really like that brass comb. I like your ride too.

Digger_O'Dell
11-08-2015, 10:28 PM
Great looking ride, but it has almost as many holes as that coin! :lol: Congrats on so many great finds!

MangoAve
11-09-2015, 09:49 AM
I didn't notice the knife before in the photo collection. Looks pretty nice. Never found a knife that good condition in the woods. The Real is still intriguing to have the seven holes. To me seeing the two holes in the ends of the comb makes me think it was like a shearing piece. idk.. they didn't have plastic back then for personal combs either. Nice LC.

The Rebel
11-09-2015, 01:09 PM
Glad to see what you've been up to Dave. WTG on scoring all of the finds, as I know it's been a tough year. Love the pic of you in the drivers seat, that would make a col Christmas card, LOL!

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-11-2015, 08:27 AM
I didn't notice the knife before in the photo collection. Looks pretty nice. Never found a knife that good condition in the woods. The Real is still intriguing to have the six holes. To me seeing the two holes in the ends of the comb makes me think it was like a shearing piece. idk.. they didn't have plastic back then for personal combs either. Nice LC.
thanks! math wasn't my best subject either.you should count again! :teasing:

MangoAve
11-11-2015, 08:34 AM
thanks! math wasn't my best subject either.you should count again! :teasing:

Math was mine. I went all the way thru differential equations which is past calculus. 'Twas a quick glance without any actual counting involved. :lol: So, you finally got a chance to get back at me with the teasing!!! :shocked01: :thumbsup01: Anyway, Seven holes would yield only seven pie pieces. That's not an even amount to try and split. Wth were they thinking???

OxShoeDrew
11-12-2015, 05:34 PM
Math was mine. I went all the way thru differential equations which is past calculus.
I went all the way through subtraction (addition's tricky friend) :lol:
Those are some very nice finds Dave, love the pics too!
You going to leave that French coin alone or try to clean it?

del
11-12-2015, 11:01 PM
Well , I still waiting on the restoration pictures for the model A ??

you been doing very well lately and the bowie knife was a nice save !!

BTV Digger
11-13-2015, 10:25 AM
Excellent finds Dave. Love your restoration on the knife. Really looks great. I wonder if they planned on stitching the reale into some sort of fabric, or possibly making a fancy whizzer-type toy? Perhaps they lost the top of a small container holding talc etc? Interesting piece though. I should include a similar shot of myself in the driver's seat someday. There's a pounded CH down the road from me that has a similar half of a Model-T sitting in the hole.

John