PDA

View Full Version : Last two weekend hunts!

moseng
07-25-2010, 08:59 AM
Hi,

I don't get out nearly as often as I want to these days. However, the last two hunts have been pretty good to me! I managed to snag an 1800's coin each trip. :yes: And each came out in great shape considering the dirt they were sleeping in for so long! Especially the Shield nickel, since most nickels come out looking like rusty...corroded...chunks if you know what I mean! rofl While I know you east coast guys find these things in your pocket change daily :poke: it takes a bit for us west coasters to find one, let alone two! So, happy hunting all and hope you enjoy the pics!

z118
07-25-2010, 09:13 AM
Those are some awe inspiring digs! What kind of location were you hunting?

CyberSage
07-25-2010, 10:52 AM
That's a beautiful Seated! Really nice coin. That is a good looking V Nickel as well. Looks like you have some good soil to hunt in. Thanks for sharing your finds moseng. Good to hear from you. Hope we get a chance to hunt together again sometime.

Jack

catskillcomics
07-25-2010, 10:59 AM
Great finds, great silver , especially that seated which is a nice low mintage coin.. Congrats

pulltabsteve
07-25-2010, 12:07 PM
The nickel and the seated dime are sweet! Very nice digging :happydance01:

SeabeeRon
07-25-2010, 06:34 PM
Way to represent for us West Coasters!! <: :happydance01: :peace: :clapping:

coinnut
07-25-2010, 08:13 PM
We East coast guys may find these things in your pocket change daily lol but we rarely see them in that shape :clapping: Congrats on a great looking Shield!! And that Seated is a sleeper :yes: It is a low mintage coin, with about 565,000 minted. For some reason Seated coins are greatly under valued. Some really nice, quality finds there moseng. I guess you get one of these now... :beerbuddy:

angellionel
07-25-2010, 09:21 PM
I like how well that nickel held up. Most of the ones we dig out here tend to be in very poor shape. The seated is a great piece! Beautiful details on it. thumbsup01

moseng
07-27-2010, 11:09 PM
Thanks everyone for the comments! The only thing better than finding stuff like this is wondering what's going to be in that next hole!! <:

HH
Mike

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-28-2010, 09:47 AM
that's a awesome hunt! and for the record..this east coaster has yet to dig a shield nickel :crying02: 25 years now been waiting for one of those crying01 :ticked:
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!