PDA

View Full Version : Death of a Battery - Updated

aloldstuff
11-11-2015, 02:38 PM
Well it finally happened. Around three years ago I made a post http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/showthread.php?8650-Batteries&highlight=battery

I ordered the AW-2200 back then and it has worked every day since then. But alas, all good things must come to an end......it died. Won't recharge..:girlcry:. Last couple of outings it only lasted 4 hours where in the past I was able to get about 8 hours from a charge.

So today I ordered the HP-3100 from RNB Innovations. I was able to talk to Joe who I am assuming is the owner and founder. He made mention that I was only the second person he has spoken to that had this problem. Well not really a problem but amazed at how long this battery had lasted. In the time since I had made that purchase there has been the HP-2900 and now the HP-3100. On his website it states that the HP-3100 will last for days once charged. I asked him about that and he said no problem going 12 hours straight.

Very nice guy, I am getting a charger free of charge, just in case its the charger that has the problem.

Once I get this battery I'll update as to how long it lasts.

del
11-11-2015, 04:14 PM
My old aw-2200 is on its last leg too Al i use to get a few outings on one charge but i can't even get through one day of detect on it now . My older NIMH batteries have lasted longer . did Joe say these would last any longer then the older ones they made ?? and were there any reasons the old ones failed (left uncharged or over charging ??

aloldstuff
11-11-2015, 04:19 PM
My old aw-2200 is on its last leg too Al i use to get a few outings on one charge but i can't even get through one day of detect on it now . My older NIMH batteries have lasted longer . did Joe say these would last any longer then the older ones they made ?? and were there any reasons the old ones failed (left uncharged or over charging ??

Dan, Some good questions. I did not ask these questions as I was quite pleased with the performance of the AW-2200. Once I read about the HP-3100.....I was sold. I have heard that rechargeable batteries can only be recharged so many times before they do give out.

My old set up that came with the detector, not good. I believe they are the NIMH from White's.

He gave me the new one at the same price that I paid for the old one and is throwing in the charger.

aloldstuff
11-16-2015, 09:06 PM
Got the battery on Saturday, charged it up, put it in the V3i.....12.67 volts. Will be going out tomorrow for the initial test run.

aloldstuff
11-17-2015, 03:16 PM
I charged it up on Sunday, 12.67 volts. Put it in the detector and did not get to use the detector until Tuesday morning, 12.37 volts.

Detected for 4 1/2 hours and the ending voltage was 10.91

del
03-09-2017, 04:56 PM
Well Al , my old RnB 2200 mAH finally kicked the bucket (she's got to be at least 6 years old if not older:shocked03:) . After thousands of hours and used in multiple machines it will only last an hour or so on a full charge so I took your advice and gave them a call . After a great conversation with Joe (the owner and a very nice man) , he and I were amazed the amount of use this battery has seen and I didn't realized it but the 2200 was his first attempt at making batteries for detectors and since then he has branched out to many more different detectors (Minelab , Garret and whites ) . I have a new upgraded 3100 mAH on the way which should last considerably longer than the 2200 according to Joe. This man really stands behind his product and makes a very good product so if your looking for a longer life battery in your machine Give Joe a call .

Thanks again Joe !:clapping:

http://rnb-innovations.com/

Donnie B
03-09-2017, 09:24 PM
I really need to order one of these for my MXT. The one for the AT Gold is a great price!

del
03-13-2017, 04:16 PM
well Joe at RNB Innovations was true to his word and sent out that battery upgrade . just received it today ! Thanks for the speedy service ! 58095 of course my Sheltie had to see what it was , he is one nosey little friend ! lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk