PDA

View Full Version : Starting to figure out how to locate the deep stuff

MIKE54
11-16-2015, 05:01 PM
51423It took a few years but I'm slowly starting to learn to use my machine to locate and dig deeper silver coins in areas I've hunted before. This 1935 Merc was down around 9" deep about 30 yards away from where I found the 1875 seated dime last week. I have a White's V3i and shallow dimes ring up from 73 to 81. This dime rang up at a repeatable 91 which is more like a half dollar but lately I started digging those kind of signals. I'm going to have to return to some of those pounded parks and athletic fields I wrote off as emptied out. Also found $6.30 in clad and a Crackerjack presidential token of Rutherford B. Hayes from a contest they ran from 1933-1936. Sorry, forgot to take a pic.

OxShoeDrew
11-16-2015, 05:22 PM
I remember thinking the same thing! :)
I don't use those silver "super powers" :lol: all the time.. because you have to go slower, but it's handy when you need it!

Digger_O'Dell
11-16-2015, 08:33 PM
Congrats Mike! Really makes one rethink past hunted areas when you start making unprecedented finds because you figure out and/or significantly upgrade equipment.

aloldstuff
11-17-2015, 05:47 AM
A new program or a different setting opens all your past hunting areas as new ones. I also run the V3i. I tried the deep silver program but have not found and "deep silver" with it. I am usually using Hi-Pro single frequency or high trash.

Bucknut
11-17-2015, 06:56 AM
Congrats on some deep silver. Sounds like you now have a lot of places to go over again...always nice to have places to go. I run an Etrac and I always dig the deep repeatable signals. The signals are never quite the same (sometimes higher or sometimes lower) as the signals that are just 3 inches deep. I find that I use the depth gage on the etrac a lot and I think it is pretty accurate...its a great little tool for me and my style of hunting. I am not familiar with the V3i but I would imagine it is at least fairly accurate too. I'm sure you will be finding more deep coins in all of your old spots so I look forward to seeing your posts.

Cheap Thrills
11-17-2015, 11:16 AM
[QUOTE=Bucknut;197073]Congrats on some deep silver. I run an Etrac and I always dig the deep repeatable signals. The signals are never quite the same (sometimes higher or sometimes lower) as the signals that are just 3 inches deep. I find that I use the depth gage on the etrac a lot and I think it is pretty accurate...its a great little tool for me and my style of hunting.

Works with my Explorer also . This was one of the best tips an old Guru ever told me .

Congratulations on your finds and your advancements in becoming one with your detector MIKE54.

wisconsin digger
11-17-2015, 06:24 PM
I hunted a ballfield I hit a lot a couple years back and still found a Rosie and a War Nickel. Always coins left they just take longer to find with fewer of them. Great finds WD

BTV Digger
11-22-2015, 05:58 PM
Congrats on the finds and nice to see you're learning your machine's capabilities. Opens up a whole new world doesn't it? Of course, many of those deep repeatable signals will still turn out to be junk, but some won't. Keep up the solid work.

John