PDA

View Full Version : Not a lot of finds but a decent weekend

RIdirtdigger
11-16-2015, 05:32 PM
I didn't have a ton of time to detect this weekend but still managed to get out. I did a different kind of research and at the spur of the moment found a site in an town I've done well in but hadn't really gone in the certain area. The area was sorta isolated from the rest of the public land so I was hoping there wasn't gonna be any deer hunters. I was right. Got to the site no dig holes or iron on rocks good sign. Put the coil down and surprise surprise no targets! Well there was iron of course. The site was hit pretty good! Probably a while ago though. I finally get a signal right almost on a rock pile. It's a high tone but super high almost overloading on the AT Pro. I decided to dig it and I am glad I did! Turns out to be copper #20 fty. :happydance01: It's pretty toasted but I can see Britannia on the back when I shine a light and a bust facing to the left on the front. It's either a KG2 or a CT but I'm leaning toward a KG2. I didn't get anything else so I decided to leave. As I was walking toward the path I got a 75-76 high tone on the AT pro. "Hmm, gotta dig that!" I was surprised to pop out my 2nd ever two center! :yahoo: It's an 1864 and in awesome condition but it has some corrosion. Oh well. Sunday I headed back to my local hole and scored some buttons and a shoe buckle frame. Probably no detecting next weekend as I think I'm going to Maine (probably bring detector anyway lol) but I hopefully will get out again this week. Until then, happy hunting!

Lodge Scent
11-16-2015, 07:03 PM
Nothing wrong with those finds. Seems everyone is finding old cars in the woods lately ;)

del
11-17-2015, 03:19 AM
yes great old truck picture Jim , congrats on the two center and copper !!

aloldstuff
11-17-2015, 05:55 AM
Very nice 2 cent piece. One of the grading factors on that coin is the "WE" and yours looks to be very strong. I also have two 2 cent pieces both 1865. The first one I ever dug I had no idea what it was .......also its been quite a while since I've gotten on under the coil.

The Rebel
11-17-2015, 02:41 PM
WYG on #20! Dude you found my car, been looking for it!

OxShoeDrew
11-17-2015, 05:52 PM
A copper and a 2 center is a memorable hunt! :yes: What kind of truck? 1930s?

Cheap Thrills
11-17-2015, 07:50 PM
Sweet , I would love to find a 2 center from the ground , it's a bit hard to do that around here though . I do have one I bought .:lol: Congrats !