PDA

View Full Version : New coil yields another bucket lister amid nails-First Indian!

Digger_O'Dell
11-16-2015, 08:27 PM
Hi all,
Recently got a great deal on a 6 inch and 17 inch coil for the CTX. I finally got to try out the small coil by the old church I have been hunting lately. There are a few areas that are so littered with nails I couldn't find much before with my X-Terra, or next time through with the CTX and the stock coil. But with the little guy I can now get between all the clutter and find what has been missed. I also set up a new custom program that runs very tight discrimination to eliminate all the unwanted trash specifically for sites like this.
I wasn't there 5 minutes before I got a solid 12-36 signal about 6" down. It was quite a surprise when I pulled up penny and instead of another wheatie, it was my first Indian! So once again I was doing the happy detector dance on the front lawn with heavy traffic going by-must have been quite a sight! :lol:

1906 Indian

Not long after I also picked up a 1929 Wheatie and a back of a small Melba compact which I found dates from the mid to late 20's.

Since it takes a long time to cover much area with the small coil, I think I will be using it for a few more days at least and hope to finally break into the 19th century coin realm.

del
11-17-2015, 04:08 AM
thats a very encouraging find DOD , I hope its just the beginning of some great recoveries with that small coil !!

aloldstuff
11-17-2015, 05:38 AM
Your killing it with bucket list items. :congrats:on the IH, hope many more to come. RobW uses a 5" coil on his CTX and does quite well with it.

Cheap Thrills
11-17-2015, 10:58 AM
" The dollars we spend to find a few more cent's " ( I should know ) :lol: but the joy it brings :yes: .
Congrats on your" time travel" to another century .:thumbsup02:

groundhog53946
11-17-2015, 03:26 PM
Your killing it Chris! Congrats on your Indian!

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Bucknut
11-17-2015, 03:38 PM
Congrats on your first Indian! Those small coils are awesome for the trash.

Digger Don
11-17-2015, 03:43 PM
Awesone, :congrats: on your first of many.
Your having a great season. can't wait to see what you find next year.

Digger_O'Dell
11-17-2015, 08:52 PM
Finished off the rest of the cluttered areas this morning with little else to show for it. I did manage to find 6 cents and another small brass "door" just like the one I found in the same area about 2 weeks ago. Nothing worth posting pics of. It's a typhoon here tonight, but if the rain stops by morning I'll likely switch to the new 17" coil and try out the huge area behind the church. Don't expect much there since it looks mostly undeveloped in the 1937 aerial. Also found out that though the church claims to have been around since the 1850's, the church building itself was only built in 1902. That explains a lot!

relichunterryan
11-17-2015, 11:30 PM
Those are some awesome finds there! I remember I found my first Indian.. Same situation, danced in front of slow traffic..!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk