PDA

View Full Version : Silver! Finally!

Bucknut
11-17-2015, 02:56 PM
Well it has been a rough stretch for me the last month or so. I have done some detecting but the weather has made it difficult at times and also life in general has throw a monkey wrench at me...nothing that other people have not gone through but sometimes things happen and you just want to wave a white flag.

Anyway I will trudge on...

Last Saturday evening I had a chance to go out detecting and went to a spot where once stood a bunch of old houses. The city had torn them down a few years ago. This place has lots of potential but there is also tons of fill dirt and "house parts" to weed through. After about 30 minutes a got a nice signal that I thought might be silver and sure enough it was...in my plug was the sweet sight of shininess that we all enjoy! I just looked at it for a bit and enjoyed the moment and thanked God. It was a 1942 Washington. Soon thereafter I got a 1945 merc. I could have stayed much longer but I was just so happy with my finds that I decided to go back home and enjoy the rest of the evening with the wife and kids.

The relics and 1937 Buff and 1891 Indian I found in Ohio about 3 weeks ago.

aloldstuff
11-17-2015, 03:02 PM
WTG on getting those silvers (finally). I can relate to life's monkey wrench's, thankfully I think its all behind me now. :congrats:on all your keepers.

Cheap Thrills
11-17-2015, 05:56 PM
Nice finds amid a barrage of monkey wrenches . Hang in there Brother , I wish you the best .

wisconsin digger
11-17-2015, 06:18 PM
Outstanding, definitely some potential if that is what you found on the first go-around great finds WD

Digger_O'Dell
11-17-2015, 06:19 PM
Congrats on the silvers, buffalo, and indian! Very nice finds. I know first hand how tough it can be detecting "dirty" sites with 99% trash targets, well done!

OxShoeDrew
11-17-2015, 06:31 PM
"I could have stayed much longer but I was just so happy with my finds that I decided to go back home and enjoy the rest of the evening with the wife and kids." Warmed my heart to read this! Our hobby is a wonderful thing but pales to hanging out with your family. Cherish every second with your kids. They'll be off on their own before you know it. Don't worry about your wife though, she'll be there forEVER!!:lol: Just kidding! Congrats on some nice finds and good luck on your return!

DIGGER27
11-18-2015, 10:52 AM
Nice!
The sound and sight of silver us always sweet!

leslie(nova scotia)
11-20-2015, 02:08 PM
Never tire of looking at your Yank mercs......something regal in the design. Nice scoffs and good luck youz on the next hunt!