PDA

View Full Version : Etrac question on threshold

Beavertail
11-21-2015, 09:08 PM
Has anyone notice during hunting the threshold getting quieter and a little higher pitched for a few seconds then going back to normal. I never noticed it till yesterday and was curious. I didn't know if it was auto groundbalancing or ???? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Full Metal Digger
11-22-2015, 06:32 PM
Quieter as in nulling? It should null out when passing over an iron target (assuming you are in coin mode). But that only lasts a millisecond or so. Maybe you are encountering buried power lines or mineralized ground?

Beavertail
11-22-2015, 10:21 PM
No not nulling. It's like it gets quieter but a higher pitch threshold but it doesn't last long. It's definitely not buried power lines because I was in a very rural part of Alabama in a cattle pasture with nothing for miles. And on auto +3 sensitivity it's running around 25 so I don't think it's high mineralization. It's mostly sand.

Beavertail
11-22-2015, 10:24 PM
And not on coin I was on a pretty much open screen looking for relics

Digger_O'Dell
11-22-2015, 10:57 PM
Have you checked your audio response setting? Maybe you are set to the long or pitch hold, but it sounds like the long response setting to me.

Beavertail
11-25-2015, 06:10 AM
No it's not long response I checked that. I don't know what it is I'll see if I can factory reset and see if that helps

Digger_O'Dell
11-25-2015, 06:50 AM
Good luck, hope it takes care of the problem.