PDA

View Full Version : One nice keeper on a beautiful evening

z118
07-26-2010, 09:10 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a glorious evening with sun, a nice breeze, and temps in the 70's. I slipped out after dinner for an evening hunt. I hit one of my most hunted and most productive spots. It was quiet and deserted when I arrived... perfect! I stuck to the dirt until sunset, pulling a mediocre amount of clad and one lonely '57 wheat. Before leaving I hit the tot lot with the Tracker, and was more than pleased to pull a very long and very fine .925 box chain with a pretty amethyst pendant. The chain is stamped .925 Italy and is nearly 30 long! The pendant is stamped Thailand on the back and .925 inside the loop, which I've never seen before. My wife seems to think she's going to wear this but the chain is so long that I don't see how the pendant isn't going to hang exactly where I don't want anyone's eyes to be looking. We'll see what happens...

Total for the hunt was 44 coins worth $3.29. My quarter count has been dismal lately.

Happy hunting!

zrickkid
07-26-2010, 09:59 PM
Still waiting for my first piece of jewelry, but you guys seem to have it covered.

coinnut
07-27-2010, 01:04 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My wife seems to think she's going to wear this but the chain is so long that I don't see how the pendant isn't going to hang exactly where I don't want anyone's eyes to be looking.

:embarrassed: :embarrassed: Really Z, I wasn't looking there... lol Nice pendant. We used to sell a ton of those when we had a small mall setup. That is one of my favorite style of chains. Great score. thumbsup01

xzlr8n
07-27-2010, 05:47 PM
Nice find. Recently bought my wife a necklace that had a long chain, it's supposed to be doubled up to hang right on the neck. Problem is that it eventually cinches up on her 8/ . Anyway, I wish I found it with metal detector instead of exchanging a few hundred dollar bills for it. Great find, congrats!! thumbsup01

pulltabsteve
07-27-2010, 06:08 PM
Very nice! Congrats on the Silver!!! <:

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-28-2010, 09:44 AM
gorgeous chain and pendent! awesome! :clapping: