PDA

View Full Version : A Couple of Indians Showed Up the Day Before Thanksgiving

Digger Don
11-25-2015, 06:17 PM
I got off work an hour early Wednesday and the snow is almost gone, so I decided to try one house on the way home.
The second house I tried gave me a yes.
The lawn seemed kind of quiet until I got stopped by a 12-39 / 12-40 at 6 inches. I figured a wheat would be a good way to get things started. I was surprised to pull out an 1895 Indian. Better Yet!! After refilling my hole I still got another signal. I dug down and got a 1912 Wheat. Re-scanned again and another 1912 wheat. Checked it with the probe and that seemed to be it.
I filled the hole and swung over with the coil.Apparently I'm not done yet. I opened it up one more time, dug a little deeper and pulled out an 1897 Indian and another wheat. Not bad considering after last weeks snow storm, I thought the season was over.

del
11-25-2015, 06:26 PM
Don , I 'll never get tired of looking at them beautiful green "mid-west) Indians:smitten:

MIKE54
11-25-2015, 08:00 PM
Don , I 'll never get tired of looking at them beautiful green "mid-west) Indians:smitten:
Could not have said it better, Del.

Digger_O'Dell
11-25-2015, 08:35 PM
Way to go Don, those IHs and wheaties sure do look nice! Snow almost gone here too, and hoping the rain stops before Friday morning. Hoping for at least one last day out before the Wisconsin winter sets in and freezes the ground solid. Hope you have the chance to get out more too before the cold!

aloldstuff
11-25-2015, 09:54 PM
Hopefully not your last hunt for the year. Your yearly totals are just so impressive I'd hate to see it all come to an end.
:congrats:on a very productive dig.

wisconsin digger
11-25-2015, 11:18 PM
Can't quit now Don 4 more for that full roll. I think we should have at least another week if we can avoid all the rain. I'm hunting all day tomorrow unless it pours. Great hunt and don't eat to much Turkey. WD

Digger Don
11-25-2015, 11:21 PM
Can't quit now Don 4 more for that full roll. I think we should have at least another week if we can avoid all the rain. I'm hunting all day tomorrow unless it pours. Great hunt and don't eat to much Turkey. WD
Thanks and good luck tomorrow. I'll be looking forward to your post. I hope to get full days in Sat. & Sun.
Happy Thanksgiving, Don

ancienthunter83
11-26-2015, 02:08 PM
Nice green Indian head pennies

BTV Digger
11-27-2015, 07:04 PM
Love those IHs as always Don. Found a number of IHs over the past few years and only one comes close to the condition of your "midwest greenies" as Dan alludes to. The soil really seems to take a toll on them up here.

John

The Rebel
11-27-2015, 08:02 PM
WTG on the IH's! My Favorite design! :groovy:

Cheap Thrills
11-29-2015, 03:14 PM
A nice bunch of " pennies from Heaven" .:congrats: