PDA

View Full Version : 1913 Mass Motorcycle Registration tag

aloldstuff
11-29-2015, 03:33 PM
Got out with RobW at one of his permissions today. An old farm somewhere around 1830-1840's.

As far as coins go, a 1929 and 1939 wheat....oh well.

I have a whatzit...looks like it could be silver.

In the backyard I got the Pyramid Spinx charm. It has no markings but looks silver (did not ring up like silver).

Finally the best find. At first I thought it was a watch fob and when I showed it to Robert he agreed. When we were leaving I was waiting in the car and he was saying his goodbyes is when I noticed that it was a motorcycle registration #Z5559. I am thrilled to no end with this find.

Well that's my story. Thanks for reading and HH everyone.

Digger Don
11-29-2015, 03:40 PM
That is a really cool find. I would have thought it was a FOB as well.
I can just imagine the bike it was on back in 1913. VERY COOL :congrats:

OxShoeDrew
11-29-2015, 03:55 PM
That tag is really cool Al!!! :wow: Maybe it looked like this best selling 1913 bike!? Nice going!!

aloldstuff
11-29-2015, 04:00 PM
That is a really cool find. I would have thought it was a FOB as well.
I can just imagine the bike it was on back in 1913. VERY COOL :congrats:

That tag is really cool Al!!! :wow: Maybe it looked like this best selling 1913 bike!? Nice going!!

Only my imagination can think of what cool bike this went to. Do you think that there is any chance of Mass DMV having records going back that far...???

Full Metal Digger
11-29-2015, 04:24 PM
The silver whatsit looks like an escutcheon plate (from perhaps a jewelry box?). The pull would have passed through the center hole and two small brads would have tacked it onto the drawer. Excellent finds! Congrats and HH, Dave.

del
11-29-2015, 07:10 PM
Al you have me beat :notworthy:, about fifteen years ago i found a 1914 Mass. Motorcycle registration tag . It looks very very similar to yours but I'll see if i can dig up a picture of it , they are a very interesting find and congrats .

aloldstuff
11-29-2015, 07:13 PM
Al you have me beat :notworthy:, about fifteen years ago i found a 1914 Mass. Motorcycle registration tag . It looks very very similar to yours but I'll see if i can dig up a picture of it , they are a very interesting find and congrats .

Dan, did a little research and they were issued from 1910 - 1914 after which plates were issued again. Can't seem to wipe the smile off my face....:lol: Hope you find your pictures

del
11-29-2015, 08:02 PM
Dan, did a little research and they were issued from 1910 - 1914 after which plates were issued again. Can't seem to wipe the smile off my face....:lol: Hope you find your pictures

WOW :shocked02: , Al i didn't know they were only issued for that short time period . Makes me only appreciate it more , thanks for the info and congrats again.

Digger_O'Dell
11-29-2015, 09:15 PM
Congrats on that tag, awesome find! :wow:

MangoAve
11-30-2015, 09:47 AM
Nice score on that tag, Al. Had no idea they were only around for a few years. It does look like a fob, tho.

Your Sphynx and pyramid item is either an earing or necklace pendant. I had to search for earrings before I could see any hits for necklace pendant...wth?? The one I found says brass. Looks really close in design. Says it is made of brass. Yours could be an older piece and this was a replica design. Or it is plated. idk.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/97365921/brass-pyramid-earrings

Lodge Scent
11-30-2015, 12:29 PM
That is motor cycle tag is BEYOND AWESOME ! Really is a great piece. :congrats:

GA1dad
11-30-2015, 12:53 PM
As a Harley guy,, I can really appreciate the motorcycle registration tag,,, pretty awesome find!!

del
11-30-2015, 03:42 PM
the 1913 Harley's were pretty impressive too .

Cheap Thrills
11-30-2015, 04:20 PM
Nice going Al , that is a very unique find to be proud of .

Skamaniac
12-01-2015, 12:18 AM
That tag is so cool! Congratulations on a terrific find!

aloldstuff
12-01-2015, 08:06 AM
WOW :shocked02: , Al i didn't know they were only issued for that short time period . Makes me only appreciate it more , thanks for the info and congrats again.

Dan, its about time I was able to give you some info..:lol:

Nice score on that tag, Al. Had no idea they were only around for a few years. It does look like a fob, tho.

Your Sphynx and pyramid item is either an earing or necklace pendant. I had to search for earrings before I could see any hits for necklace pendant...wth?? The one I found says brass. Looks really close in design. Says it is made of brass. Yours could be an older piece and this was a replica design. Or it is plated. idk.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/97365921/brass-pyramid-earrings

Jim, yup that's it. Mine must be plated.

That is motor cycle tag is BEYOND AWESOME ! Really is a great piece. :congrats:

Thanks, it will be displayed with my 1909 chauffers badge.

As a Harley guy,, I can really appreciate the motorcycle registration tag,,, pretty awesome find!!

Being a former Harley guy myself got to admit I was pretty excited when I realized what I had.

aloldstuff
12-01-2015, 08:09 AM
Nice going Al , that is a very unique find to be proud of .

I'm still smiling..

The silver whatsit looks like an escutcheon plate (from perhaps a jewelry box?). The pull would have passed through the center hole and two small brads would have tacked it onto the drawer. Excellent finds! Congrats and HH, Dave.

Thanks for your ID on the whatzit

Congrats on that tag, awesome find! :wow:

Totally shocked me...

That tag is so cool! Congratulations on a terrific find!

Put some Ren wax on it, looks even better now

MIKE54
12-02-2015, 08:08 PM
Awesome find Al. Definitely November relic of the month!

PL8MAN
12-02-2015, 10:44 PM
Sweet motorcycle tag !
Glen

ancienthunter83
12-03-2015, 02:54 PM
That motorcycle tag is an awesome find

giant056
12-27-2015, 07:20 AM
I love that motorcycle tag :thumbsup02: