PDA

View Full Version : never though i would get one of these

lee
12-03-2015, 11:30 PM
the day started breezy and a little chilly but i was up for a hunt and with little time left before that "orrable" white stuff coats the ground i was determined to get out with aloldstuff to a house from 1799 that he had lined up for us.
i arrived at al's house at 9am where he handed me the choice of two tootsie pops saying "this is the key to having a good days hunt", "weird" i thought, but not knowing these Massachusetts customs i played along and choose one and before long we where swinging the coils around this rather promising looking home but as we all know and in al's words "sometimes a 1799 house is just a house" , complete blowout bar a few wheat penny's to al and a ornate horse thingie to me.
after hunting for around 2 hours al thought it might be a good idea to hit a farm field he has had some good luck off of so off we went.
getting out of the car at the farm the wind felt even colder but we decided to give it a go.
i choose a line in between the flattened corn stalks and off i went. looking up i could already see al striding down the field like the jolly green giant on steroids looking for colonial coppers.
my first signal was can slaw , my second signal was also can slaw, but then came a signal that nearly blew my ears off !!!! 95,95,95,95 in all directions at 9 inches a number i have not seen on the AT pro before.
digging down i see the edge of a silver coin with reading around the edge "al,i think i have a half dollar" i shout, "no way" was the response i got back as al began to walk back towards me.
we both look in the hole and start giggling like a couple of school girls. as i start to brush the dirt away the coin seems to be getting bigger and bigger ? "mate its a dollar" say al and sure enough it was but not just any dollar.......a Morgan !!!!! , at this point it all becomes a bit of a blur as i stand up and run around like a baboon with its bum on fire .
when i finally get back to the hole this is the sight that greeted me

Bucknut
12-03-2015, 11:33 PM
Oh man!! Congrats and great reaction! lol!

Cheap Thrills
12-04-2015, 12:21 AM
You'll never forget the thrill of finding that Beauty .:congrats::perfect10:

Digger_O'Dell
12-04-2015, 12:45 AM
WOW, That is one SWEET coin! Really good condition too-what a beauty! :perfect10::loveit:

aloldstuff
12-04-2015, 06:12 AM
Huge congrats on a fantastic find. When you were wiping the dirt away and that rim exposed itself I knew then that it was a dollar coin. So happy for ya pal and as stated before you will not forget the feeling......The wind was horrific. As I was walking along carrying my shovel by the handle the wind actually blew the shovel out in front of me....

The last time Lee came up this way we did not get anything really good and then I remembered that the last two times that I went out and got coppers I had a tootsie pop with me each time.

The power of the Tootsie Pop.

del
12-04-2015, 06:55 AM
Lee , what a great outing and find !!!:perfect10: and to share it with Al too :cheering:

Tony Two-Cent
12-04-2015, 08:16 AM
HUGE congrats on the wonderful Morgan Dollar, Lee! :notworthy:

I wish I could have been there to see your reaction! :thumbsup01:

I'm still looking for my first silver dollar. Maybe someday. :crossfingers:

:perfect10:

relichunterryan
12-04-2015, 03:27 PM
That is an incredible find! :shocked03: Congrats!

Still looking for my first..

wisconsin digger
12-04-2015, 04:52 PM
Never had the joy of seeing that in the hole. Like you said I don't think anyone ever expects to find a silver dollar. CONGRATS. WD

OxShoeDrew
12-04-2015, 05:00 PM
Wowweeeeee!!! I found one a month or so ago, but mine is in terrible condition...yours is breathtaking!!! You know, I've yet to hunt with Al....and he gives Tootsie pops?!!! :cheesysmile: Congrats on s super find!

del
12-04-2015, 08:21 PM
You know, I've yet to hunt with Al....and he gives Tootsie pops?!!! :cheesysmile: Congrats on s super find!

Lee must be special :yes: i've detected with Al more than once and don't remember any Tootsie pop :crying01: I'm sure it was the reason I didn't find much ;)

aloldstuff
12-05-2015, 05:32 AM
Wowweeeeee!!! I found one a month or so ago, but mine is in terrible condition...yours is breathtaking!!! You know, I've yet to hunt with Al....and he gives Tootsie pops?!!! :cheesysmile: Congrats on s super find!

Only while the supplies last.....

Lee must be special :yes: i've detected with Al more than once and don't remember any Tootsie pop :crying01: I'm sure it was the reason I didn't find much ;)

Dan, wasn't aware of the power of the Tootsie Pop at the time.....sorry..;)

chief5709
12-05-2015, 09:20 AM
WoW great find! Big silver and a pop is always a good day!

The Rebel
12-05-2015, 08:21 PM
WTG Lee. That's amazing!

MangoAve
12-07-2015, 10:31 AM
Nice big silva, you crazy cockney. I was down at your store Satruday, too bad I chose a time when you were on vacay. lol. Well, I was in Glastonbury for a hunt so I stopped by there because it's the only place that carries a specific item.
No mint mark, but still nice to knock off the list. I wonder if Al is kicking himself wondering how he missed it on previous hunts.

aloldstuff
12-07-2015, 05:36 PM
Nice big silva, you crazy cockney. I was down at your store Satruday, too bad I chose a time when you were on vacay. lol. Well, I was in Glastonbury for a hunt so I stopped by there because it's the only place that carries a specific item.
No mint mark, but still nice to knock off the list. I wonder if Al is kicking himself wondering how he missed it on previous hunts.

Oh Jim, another assumption......this field was never detected by myself or anybody that I know. So no kicking. just high 5's and congrats to Lee.

DIGGER27
12-07-2015, 08:11 PM
Stellar find!
Welcome to the silver dollar club.

badgers325
02-08-2016, 05:04 PM
awesome find!

KCFindIt
02-09-2016, 08:35 AM
very pretty coin, lucky find, dreamin of the day....

nalc472
02-09-2016, 05:33 PM
Great find. Can't wait to find my first Silver Dollar. Congrats!!!!

PL8MAN
02-09-2016, 09:57 PM
Beautiful Big silver ! Congrats