PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Clad day ends with dime trifecta

wisconsin digger
12-05-2015, 08:52 PM
Still have great weather in Wisconsin so I decided to take a 60 mile road trip to try a researched location. My high hopes only resulted in 1 silver (1916 Merc) and 3 wheats but I found $8.51 in clad. With the long trip home I gave myself an hour to hit a park closer to my home. Got to the park around 3 and thought I would just try and find a deep signal or two. I hunted this park earlier this summer and only found 1 wheat. Just before dark I decided to hit a small spot on the other side of the park. First signal was a 12-40 not real deep that turned out to be an old wheat. With that good sign I hit the small spot till I could not see anymore. I ended up with 8 wheats mostly pre 1930 and 3 silver. A Rosie, Merc and a Barber. Funny thing was the Barber was in the best shape of the three. The 1913 Barber was one of the nicest I have ever found. great day. Ended up with 4 silver 11 wheats and about $11.50 in clad. I found 113 coins and I don't think I ever remember breaking the century mark in a day but maybe I have. If time permits I think I may sneak back to that park again tomorrow. Keep swinging Wisconsin Digger.

Digger_O'Dell
12-05-2015, 09:23 PM
Looks like sometimes it's better to stay closer to home! :lol: Overall looks to have still been a great day-huge congrats on the trifecta! It's getting that even finding wheaties now is becoming difficult. Hope to hear more great news tomorrow. GL and HH! :congrats:

ducktrapper
12-05-2015, 09:55 PM
Great job! Up here in the NW part of WI, I plan to be back out tomorrow as well. An old school site that has been pasture was plowed in rows for corn this year. That corn is finally harvested and the ground is thawed. so maybe those rows will help me grid that plowed ground effectively. I have never found silver there, so I'd love to do even half as good as you on that. . .

Digger_O'Dell
12-05-2015, 10:36 PM
An old school site that has been pasture was plowed in rows for corn this year. That corn is finally harvested and the ground is thawed. so maybe those rows will help me grid that plowed ground effectively.

Good luck with that - I found the hard way that plow furrows don't detect well. Ruts are too deep and narrow to get the coil close to ground level and can only detect mainly the peaks while a majority of the ground is out of range. I'm waiting for the soil to hopefully settle in the fields near me, probably spring and hope to beat the planting season.

Bucknut
12-06-2015, 06:10 PM
Awesome trifecta!

Cheap Thrills
12-06-2015, 11:26 PM
Oh man , talk about the best of both worlds !!:congrats::thumbsup02:

aloldstuff
12-07-2015, 06:56 PM
:congrats:on your trifecta. That barber does look exceptional.

Lodge Scent
12-09-2015, 10:46 PM
That is nice. You are going to wear out your digging tool with all those good targets.

chief5709
12-10-2015, 05:41 AM
That's a lot of coinage. Congrats on your dimes! :thumbsup01:

Fire Fighter 43
12-13-2015, 05:24 PM
Congrats on the trifecta, Dave. Annnnnd, the silver count rises, WTG.

MangoAve
12-14-2015, 09:46 AM
Wow. I apparently missed this post, but it showed in the news feed today along with the one you posted the day after this. Nice silver count. Weather is nice here still. ugh, I don't really like the long 60+ mile trips.

Digger Don
12-14-2015, 03:45 PM
Nice score. Congrats on the Tri-fecta.
I drove 2 hours Saturday to hunt some promising spots that I found on line. Came home with one Merc.
Congrats on your productive hunts.