PDA

View Full Version : Original town hall hunt

Beefcake
07-27-2010, 10:23 PM
The Dynamic Duo does it again!!! LOL Tim (DeepBeeps) and I work great as a team. I have the ability and job to know every street in our two towns and there isn't a place that I haven't been since I deliver pizzas. I'm constantly on the lookout for new sites and this one has had my eye for years. It sets on a large corner lot and the buildings have been gone every since I can remember. Once I locate a site, I turn it over to the silver tongued devil... Tim could sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman in white gloves! He has access to the county tax maps and does a great job of finding the owner's name. I'm a young pup I guess and can't compete with Tim's grey hair and unmistakeable voice when it comes to getting our foot in the door! When I found Tim, it was on Youtube. I started recognizing every site he was hunting and I had hunted the same ones... So, we joined forces! Tim got his 3 silvers and the Indian head tonight...I was a bit slow to get into the game. As I was standing at the site waiting for Tim to arrive, I kept thinking...This place is going to produce a large cent... It did! I got the 1853 large cent at 3 while Tim was there. He left and my next signal was another good quarter signal. I dug and dug... this thing was DEEP! It was about as deep as the length of my digger. I knew when I found it that it was the same size as a large cent, but it was much thinner. I got a date of 1833 on it on site, but I would have to give it a peroxide bath to get the rest. It turned out to be an Upper Canada 1/2 cent token that says TO FACILITATE TRADE with a plough on the front and a large Ship on the back with sails. It's my second Upper Canada token of the year..kinda wierd:huh: Here's the vid of our hunt tonight and the photos of my finds...
Old Town Hall (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD_llkGbRXs#)

angellionel
07-28-2010, 07:37 AM
Those are some excellent finds! I love how well that trade token held up. I wish more of the large coppers would come out that way from the parks out here. Congrats!

Schrecky
07-28-2010, 07:54 AM
Very nice finds and a great video, way to go.

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-28-2010, 09:37 AM
what a great hunt Bri! some sweet coinage dude! i gotta do a new video sometime soon

coinnut
07-28-2010, 09:45 AM
Great hunt Beefcake. Nice coppers. I guess that place is pretty old :yes: I haven't seen that variety of token before. It's in great shape too. You guys rock lol

SeabeeRon
07-28-2010, 05:29 PM
Awesome Beef!! :loveit: :drool: :twirlingeyes:
Kinda gives...Pizza Dude is here a whole new meaning!! :grin: :poke: :boxing: rofl

Beefcake
07-29-2010, 11:40 AM
Tim and I went back to this site the next day and he got two more indians and I got a merc. So all in all... I believe there were 4 silvers, 3 indians, and 2 large coppers fromt he site. The merc makes #43 silver for the year for me.

moseng
07-29-2010, 01:03 PM
Sweet! Nice research and good rewards!! Thanks for the vid and I really like the token!!

milco
07-29-2010, 06:18 PM
That's awesome! Nice finds and a great tag team effort!

catskillcomics
07-30-2010, 06:22 AM
That large cent came out of the ground in great condition, Love it when those old coppers have a nice patina like yours.. :clapping:

Ill Digger
07-30-2010, 12:31 PM
Thats one of my FAVORITE places to hunt...next to the sidewalk :yes: thumbsup01 And thats one OLD sidewalk !!! :drool:
Sweet find on the LC !!
I hate to :beatdeadhorse: but I want a LC !! :crying02: lol
You and Tim did awesome !!
Congrats :grin:
Deep Beeps....I love that name !! thumbsup01 lol