PDA

View Full Version : Finally Got Some Permission

MI Detectors
12-11-2015, 07:25 PM
Very excited, because it's a very promising looking piece of property. Ancient(by Midwestern standards) looking farm surrounded by corn field. The only thing still standing are three very large masonary silos, and two out buildings. Most of the old farms around here are from the late 1800's, the most overgrown old farm around here that I've seen, but there's a hitch. I stopped at the place next to this old farm to ask about ownership, and I found him. Very nice man who said he's always meant to get over to that old homestead and detect it because he is also a hobby detectorist. He told me he was going to wait until Spring when the weeds were all knocked down, but our weather has been amazing. He said come back after the first of the year and he'll let me check it out after him. So, I'm thinking great this place is huge he'll never detect the whole thing. Besides, he's been the owner for several years now, doubtful he's going to get it done in the next few weeks. Hopefully he wont back out on me, but he did seem very nice and willing to let me out there. There's also the very strong likelyhood that by the first of the year we will finally have gotten our normal 3-4 feet of snow by now. :yes: Dave

OxShoeDrew
12-12-2015, 05:24 AM
I hope it works out for you! I'm also waiting on a farmer to "get all his wood in."
Maybe the snow will ease off this year :crossfingers:

aloldstuff
12-12-2015, 05:40 AM
The site sounds great and I hope it works out for you. Please keep us posted on this adventure.

MangoAve
12-14-2015, 10:02 AM
Good Luck. I'm getting better finds at permissions so I am gonna try harder to get to these types. I know sometimes it's just easier to go right into a place and not have to worry about asking or checking out. I do, however, like the calm and quiet of woods (except Saturday someone taking a dirt bike up the old road)....