PDA

View Full Version : Wasn't expecting that kind of day - Silver surprises

wisconsin digger
12-12-2015, 03:38 PM
I was a bit burned out from Thursday and Friday hunts but I really hate to waste this wonderful December weather knowing it soon will be over. So I headed to a Park that has been very good this year but finds have been dwindling. I had no real plan or expectation I just wanted to get out and swing. The first hour went about as expected. I think I found 10 memorials. As time went on I picked up some clad dimes and quarters and was thinking of leaving. I hit a spot I've hunted but probably a bit to hastily. My 1st good signal was a nice 12-46 and I was expecting a deeper clad quarter. I was pleasantly surprised with a '64 Rosie. Never found silver in this area so that obviously motivated me to stick around. I worked my way to the road and got a deep 12-47. Wow, a Washington wasn't expecting to find any of those. I worked the edge of the road about 40 feet and got another Washington and a very weak signal that turned out to be a smoothie SLQ. Never expected that on todays hunt. May have to get some energy to go out again tomorrow.. Keep swinging Wisconsin Digger The Barber dime was found on Friday only the second "O" mintmark I've found

Digger_O'Dell
12-12-2015, 07:23 PM
Sweet day detecting! You have been on a roll lately finding some older coins. I have been a slump myself until the Large cent, so I know full well what even one good find does for motivation!
:congrats:

Digger Don
12-12-2015, 07:45 PM
Fantastic hunt. What a nice haul of Silver.:envious:
Like Digger_O'Dell said, your on a roll. Get out tomorrow and keep it going.
Good Luck, Don

Bucknut
12-12-2015, 08:19 PM
The amount of silver you pull out is crazy! Congrats on all those great coins! How many days a week do you hunt?

Cheap Thrills
12-12-2015, 08:21 PM
Good thing you pushed yourself Great finds !!:congrats:

wisconsin digger
12-13-2015, 12:35 AM
The most I've hunting in 4 years. 169 days so far. WD

Mr. Digger
12-13-2015, 06:33 AM
Great finds!

Fire Fighter 43
12-13-2015, 04:35 PM
Congrats on another nice hunt and WTG for taking advantage of this weather. You are killing it this year on silver. What's your total now?