PDA

View Full Version : Something old, something new and something.......dam

leslie(nova scotia)
12-13-2015, 03:22 PM
Started the day with the F3P thinking quota at a local playing field. Usual coinage popped up and decided half way through that a woods walk was in order. Hit the area where I dug up the two 1800's coppers the other day. Was rather in the zone being December with the weather not chilling nor the land under a foot of snow. Bonus. Of course the paths I was doing along the water were littered with dogs....and the accompanying doggie dew! At least three times during the dig got the crap scared out of me as dogs snuck up on me and barked, sniffed or thought I was a fire hydrant as I had changed to the Pro with headphones which makes sneaking up on this bouy no great feat! Hit an old button that was rather ornate....um! Crown and some scroll. As I was doing the dew along the lakes shoreline I hit a three ringer, mangled, crushed and bent out of shape. I was to follow for shortly thereafter while jumping from one boulder to another I experienced some "mechanical difficulties." Every curse word known to man spewed out of me within 45 seconds! Limped back to Nogo drove to a smart shop and picked up Johnny Walker and his mate, Ginger Ale . Once home they helped me forget the incident as I wrapped Hunny Bunny's presents. Her t3n days of Christmas stat on the 15th...................................oh joy!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/leslie19/002_19.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/leslie19/media/002_19.jpg.html):shocked02:

Fire Fighter 43
12-13-2015, 04:32 PM
Nice going on a a good hunt. I see you are also taking advantage of the mild December weather, good luck if you get out again.

Cheap Thrills
12-13-2015, 11:56 PM
Nice hunt Leslie ! :beerbuddy:

aloldstuff
12-14-2015, 05:40 AM
Mechanical difficulties, dogs, turned into a fire hydrant........but great weather. Glad you got out

Digger_O'Dell
12-14-2015, 08:10 PM
Well done on the hunt, just take care about looking like a hydrant or else you will need rubber pants! :lol:

I also know too well about those "mechanical difficulties"! Had a boulder roll out from under me while navigating a drainage area outside the exit of a HUGE city sewer drain along the river. Bounced and tumbled down several more large rocks into the deep "ditch" while trying to save my machine from the same fate figuring I might heal but the machine wouldn't fare as well.