PDA

View Full Version : Detecting club in SE Wi?

Digger_O'Dell
12-15-2015, 10:43 PM
Just wondering that since we have no detecting club in SE Wisconsin any more and we seem to have a high concentration of detectorists in the area, if there is any interest in getting a club organized here?

My thoughts are that a club would be very beneficial in many ways such as:

Promoting the hobby
Sharing of information
Sharing/displaying of finds
Obtaining permissions
Education about local laws, ordinances and legislation so not to run afoul of the law
Organize group hunts, trips, and events.

I am also interested in hearing from anyone who has participated in a club or has any organizational experience in one who can shed any light on how to proceed if there are enough people interested.

Thanks!

del
12-16-2015, 06:56 AM
I'm a member of a local club here in Connecticut Y.T.C. (Yankee Territory Coinshooters) and you do meet some great people , share ideas and time together at meetings and group hunts . I know we have at least two presidents or former presidents to clubs here , hopefully they will chime in and give you some organizational tips or info. If no one replies DOD feel free to pm me with questions , I've been a member in my club ( the largest one in Ct. ) for about ten years or more now and I'd be happy to help you get one started .

Dan

groundhog53946
12-16-2015, 02:35 PM
If it works out that there is interest in a club, I would be interested in joining even though I'm only a part time resident of SE WI. Even though I only run an f2, I feel like I'm missing out on things that it is telling me and I could use some face to face time with more experienced detectorist

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Digger_O'Dell
12-16-2015, 07:47 PM
Groundhog, Love to have you as a member! You have had some really nice finds this year which proves it doesn't matter what you swing, just that you do!

Dan, Thanks much for the offer! I don't know if the idea will take off, but thought it might be worth a shot. Apparently there was a club here not long ago but it has since dissolved. I have seen online posts elsewhere a while ago asking about where this club went to so apparently there was some interest.

badgers325
12-16-2015, 09:07 PM
I would be extremely interested. In fact I was going to ask this sooner or later for it would be great to share stories an meet new people who enjoy this hobby along with all your reasons listed. I have not been in a "club" per se other than industry organizations.

Digger_O'Dell
12-16-2015, 09:15 PM
I would be extremely interested. In fact I was going to ask this sooner or later for it would be great to share stories an meet new people who enjoy this hobby along with all your reasons listed. I have not been in a "club" per se other than industry organizations.

Great to hear from you badger! When you have a chance, how about you PM me some info and I'll get in contact once I get things rolling a bit here. A little rough right now with the holidays and working 87 hours a week, but I do hope to pull it together sooner than later.

Fire Fighter 43
12-16-2015, 11:42 PM
That is a great idea Chris. I would be in as a member but I would not have time to be too involved with the organization of a new club. I'm very involved in Cub Scouts as a leader and I will be coaching basketball next year so I could not take on another leadership role. I was a member of the Wisconsin Treasure Hunters Club in Milwaukee back in the late 80's early 90's. I remember it was fun and informative. It was always cool to see the different entries for find of the month. We also were all members of the FMDAC, which I'm curently an independent member.

Digger_O'Dell
12-17-2015, 12:01 AM
Thanks for the reply-of course I know of your busy schedule and the roles you have now are very commendable and noteworthy. Of course a club isn't all leadership, but just taking part and sharing with the detecting community is key. You have more experience than most in the area and I think that knowledge is priceless. Happy to have you aboard! :thumbsup02: